LegacyGT.com

Blown/Seized motor in a 2005 Legacy 2.5 GT

I was hoping to get some help on a few engine issues. About 2 weeks ago my 2005 Subaru legacy 2.5 GT started showing a P0302 misfire code http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/images/smilies/mad.gif every 3-4 days or so, given it was my daily I hardly get on the throttle. Well i confirmed the cylinder is blown and have to rebuild the motor. Seeing as it is my daily with only a turbo back and a tune I was planing on just replacing the stock short block and getting the heads checked and machined and throw it back on. The main questions is does the STI short block bolt right up and have the same tune as the 2005 legacy/intake manifold/ and all other bits. Or if i get an sti short block will there be some other parts I need. I found a short block for 2,000 and was wondering if that is cheaper then getting a shop to rebuild the motor with stock parts?

Second main questions is today my girlfriend was driving her 2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT and hasn't been checking the oil, looks like the car shut off when driving so I suspected the motor seized. I throw a breaker bar on the main crack and tried to turn it once we got it home and it wont budge :mad:. Can her motor even be rebuilt? I'm assuming due to metal expansion that the short block is toast but I should be able to reuse her heads?

Since I have both of our car broken atm I'm looking for the fastest, and cheapest method to get them back on the road and us to work.

can anyone help? I'm assuming the E255 and the E257 are the same except for the pistons?

sti have forged rods and crankshaft along with different heads legacy ej255 have single acvs d25 heads and 04-07 sti's have single avcs b25 heads then you have the 08+ sti's which have w25 dual acvs heads. Hope this helps. Not sure if you were just asking about the shortblock

• 4 weeks later...

Archived