LegacyGT.com

bad mpg 2013 Legacy

I just bought a 2013 Legacy and my gas mileage is not what the sticker says it should be! I'm only getting 20 to 21 city and lucky if I'm getting any better than that on the highway! I only got 22 hwy. this past weekend. I should be getting 30 hwy. right? Anyone else getting this kind of mileage? I should add that I am driving like an old man just trying to get better mileage. I would like to get on it a little, since it's my new car!

Give the car some break in time. How many miles do you have now? I have a 3.6R and can get 28 mpg via highway on a 300 mile trip. I sorta of get 18-19 city. So just give it some time, enjoy the car and MPG's will follow.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

And before anyone else rips you a new one, I will interject say that break-in period and method and your driving habits are determining factors on your mpg as well as the road contours and the stickers are a guideline, not your target mileage. Unless they tested your car in your exact usual routes, your numbers will never match on any vehicle.

I've gotten 30 MPG on a drive from Boston to Newport RI in my '12 LGT (rated 25 MPG), but that was in perfect conditions. Lately, my driving has been around 21 MPG.

You win some, you lose some. It will always change depending on your conditions.

Archived