LegacyGT.com

trouble with spt intake and tune

Ok, so im felling a little dumb for doing this but I have a stock 05 LGT with an SPT intake and used the COBB stage 1 with COBB intake map even tho I dont have a COBB intake (it looked similar). Everything seemed to go great for the first day after the tune but now seems to be a little sluggish and kinda smelly when I use my lead foot. Im thinkin I should just put the stock intake box back on even tho I just bought the SPT. I just hate that big extra box that feeds into the fender from the stock one. Is there anyway I could modify that big ol box or just leave it alone as well. Oh yea, I also have the turboxs 50/50 on there but I dont think that matters.

Different scaling for different intakes.

50/50 venting does cause some issues of it's own.

Cobs OTS tunes are not the best.

Use your AP to data-log then post it up.

You are kinda playing with fire. Slapping parts on and "thinking it's ok" is a good way to find out that "it wasn't ok"

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Its hard to decribe the smell but maybe some ethnic food farts.

Thanks for all the advice, im just gonna take all the stuff back off and go with the stage 1 map until I mod it up a little more.

Ditch the catted Up pipe, put in a aftermarket Down pipe. You don't need an intake, and you don't need an AM filter.

That is where the major power increase will come from.

If you want noise, add a AM BW valve, modify the stock intake box (search the forums) and add a fart can:lol::lol:

Net result is 5-8 HP for the noise, and a cop magnet;)

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Stop using Mobil 1.

Shell Rotella t6 5w-40 or Castrol Synthet,

I've gone to using Amsoil European 5w-40.

I've been using the same K&N kit I bought back in 2005.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

would you recommend switching to shell fuel as well? Ive been using Sunoco 93

No, I use Sunoco 93 90% of the time. When in VT I'll use Shell sometimes.

A lot of guys here run the t6 Rotella for oil. It's cheaper and a good oil. You can sometimes find it a Tractor Supply cheaper then Walmart or the same price.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived