LegacyGT.com

CRAZY BIG BRAKE KIT SPECIAL/GB FOR LEGACYGT.COM Members !!!

PLTek

Hello,

Successful INSTALL: http://homepage.mac.com/jsalicru/PhotoAlbum144.html

We worked out an incredible deal with RACING BRAKE co. to supply members of LegacyGT.com with MORE BRAKING POWER !!! So here is the details:

We need 5+ People to get price of 1630USD Delivered

Bottom Line with all FREEbies, SAVE 533USD or over 25%

This kit includes:

2 Two-piece 322 mm rotors

2 4-Piston calipers (red)

2 Aluminum adapters and hardware

1 Set of Hawk High Performance Street brake pads

1 Set of Goodridge stainless steel brake lines (front)

1 liter of SUper Blue Brake Fluid--FREE

1 shipping--FREE

1 SAVE 23% off MSRP of 2117.59USD

More details on the kit can be found at this link: http://www.racingbrake.com/product_p/2014-311-4111-40.htm

Contact us if you have any questions.

Peter Sz.

PLTek,llc

http://www.pltek.net

subie@pltek.net

tel. 508.615.6604

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

actually, I was hoping for them to make STOCK SIZE HP Rotors for us.. due to race regulations and rules, I can't go with a "larger than stock rotor".

Does Ken @ Racing Brake have any OEM Sized HPs??

Keefe

Keefe

xenonk- I have to get clarification but I belive the the rotors on this kit are actually stock.

sandwood- the WILL DEFINITELY fit under stock 17 inch rims

Lori

PLTek,llc

Stock OEM rotors are about 312mm x 28mm front and 287mm x 20mm rear. The BBK you are showing are 322 x 25mm. That's 5mm more which Im not sure if it will clear the inside of the stock calipers (I will have to check again).

I would like a set of the OEM sized Cross-Drilled/Slotted for front and rear with EDP coating and Alloy Gray Iron Please.. Just the rotors, thanks. Let us know if you have something like that.

http://www.racingbrake.com/product_p/9004-141-1675.htm similar to this application for our GTs. Thanks again.

Keefe

Keefe

I had the HP rotors from http://www.racingbrake.com and it was great on my WRX.. I know I talked to Ken last year about the development of the same rotors as well because I love these rotors a lot especially bang for the buck. Here are the other variations that RB has for their customers:

http://www.racingbrake.com/main/application_guide.asp

I really need something that is OEM sized due to the fact of SCCA Solo2 rules that I am looking at.

Keefe

Keefe

Noob question: How does adding about 1/4" dia. onto a stock rotor that's about 12.5" dia. really do that much?! I realize they are "cross-drilled" and therefore should cool off better (if that's what it does besides lighten the rotating mass).

Are the pistons that much bigger? Aren't there 4-pistons already on the stock setup? Where does all the added performance come from? Nearly $2 grand (with installation) is a bunch of cash to drop. And I must say that the stockers with braided lines and bobcat pads slow the LGT down pretty darn well.

stock is 2 front and 1 rear.

it's all about surface area but the real gain is that it's slotted to prevent the brake pads from glazing over. cross drill also helps get the hot gases out of there to prevent overheating and glazing the pads.

I, for one, just want slotted rotors, better heat capacity, and better vein structure for less brake fade.

Installation is too easy to do since it's a direct bolt-on (19/21mm wrench/socket to take off the wheels, jack, 14mm wrench/socket for the brake bracket bolts, 8, 10, and 12mm flare nut wrenches for the brake lines, a vice clamp, and a bottle of ATE super blue fluid and you are done).

25 mins per corner.. 2 hour job for one person & 15 min bleed job with two people working on the car.

Keefe

Keefe

PS,

Put me on the "keenly interested" list. I do plan to sink more $ into my LGT very soon. Probably mid-August. How are you handling the need for 5 parties? Are you asking for a deposit (say, $500)? It is 100% payment due upon receipt of five kits at your store? When do you anticipate the 5 people needing to pony up the cash?

I will find out about slotted/x-drilled rotors, direct replacement ones for your car, I belive he dba makes them at this point.

PS

PLTek,llc

Hum that might be more of a kit for me just upgrading the rotors pads and lines, in a kit sounds appealing!

DBA does make stock rotors and one of the vendors on the forum sells them...

This kit is pretty close to the same price as the ION kit, that has 326mm rotors (also works under the stockers) and 4 piston AP Racing Calipers...

What is the benefit to this Racing Brake kit?

Ted

:spin:

the benefit of any of the braking kits is to reduce the braking distance and increase the lifespan of the braking components.

- 4 pot calipers assure quicker stopping and more even distribution of the braking force for better pad wear

-slotted rotors made of beter metals prevent warping and increase life by staying cooler,

- stainless steel brake lines give you a better/stiffer feel by not swelling up and are more durable than regular rubber lines, especially if you have a lot of gravel flying around while rallying

- pads, many different kinds but bottom line again is better stopping, longer life

- top it off with the best fluid out there.

1. I also sell the COBB BBKit and thats 332mm at 1895USD

2. The Racking Brake kit is 322mm at 1630 shipped with brake fluid.

3. the ion bbk is 326mm so i assume that the price is somewhere in between but not sure

I hope this helps

PS

PLTek,llc

correct,

ALthough most of your braking gets done in the front so I would only recommed going with front bbk and rotors/pads/lines in the rear. That would bring you more into 2500USD range, then just paint the rear calipers red to match the front and you are good to go,..lol...

PS

PLTek,llc

pszydlik - This post is to serve as info only. Not intended to hijack your thread.

Please note our 326mm BBK is not in the price range you've listed. It is actually more then the COBB/Stoptech kit.

There are very specific differences between our 326mm BBK and the ones offered by PLTek. All the technical specs are available in the thread that was provided as a link by another forum member.

Every kit has different specs, starting with rotors, lines, calipers and ending with pads. Customer is one who ultimately decides based on what is important to them, price, color of calipers, size of rotors, we only presenting another choice.

Best Regards

PS

PLTek,llc

Archived