LegacyGT.com

Good dealer in tri-state area?

den

Hey guys, I'm thinking of picking up a 2.5i Premium for the old man. I was wondering if anyone had any good dealer recommendations since I've heard and experienced horror stories from some Queens dealers. I don't mind traveling a bit if I can get a better deal. I've contacted Star in Bayside, but they quoted me a price that's higher than the advertised prices some Jersey dealers are showing off their website. :confused:

Miller Subaru in Mt.Holly NJ I've purchased two new Subaru's there from Jay Fralin super decent human who happens to sell cars.

Do your homework with TruCar etc pricing then work a deal over the internet, that's my strategy. Good Luck with your purchase.

@DugsSin. This is the same thing I do and has usually worked for me. I got my own car at a crazy price from just emailing dealers, and was in an out in under an hour when I went in. Unfortunately they don't sell Subaru's at that dealership :p

EDIT: How is Ramsey Subaru? They had the lowest quote on truecar by a couple hundred and its not too far from me (from queens)

@DugsSin. This is the same thing I do and has usually worked for me. I got my own car at a crazy price from just emailing dealers, and was in an out in under an hour when I went in. Unfortunately they don't sell Subaru's at that dealership :p

EDIT: How is Ramsey Subaru? They had the lowest quote on truecar by a couple hundred and its not too far from me (from queens)

I bought my WRX from Ramsey. Horrible dealer. We agreed on a price and the paper work had the price just before we agreed on. And i only noticed after a few days (My mistake). And i hear others have issues with their service center. You can reach horror stories throughout forum.

Liberty subaru isnt bad. my friend purcased their cars there and the service team i heard is good.

I bought my WRX from Ramsey. Horrible dealer. We agreed on a price and the paper work had the price just before we agreed on. And i only noticed after a few days (My mistake). And i hear others have issues with their service center. You can reach horror stories throughout forum.

Thanks for the tip. I hate when dealers do that. I'm traveling from queens so I would get annoyed quick if they don't honor the price if I decide to travel all the way there.

Probably going to take my dad to the local dealer today so he can take a look at the car and buy from somewhere else this weekend if they can't match Ramsey's price. Thanks for all the help guys, I'll keep everyone updated.

EDIT: @octain11 i sent you and your friend a pm. did you get it? For some reason I dont see any messages in my sent folder.

Thanks for the tip. I hate when dealers do that. I'm traveling from queens so I would get annoyed quick if they don't honor the price if I decide to travel all the way there.

Probably going to take my dad to the local dealer today so he can take a look at the car and buy from somewhere else this weekend if they can't match Ramsey's price. Thanks for all the help guys, I'll keep everyone updated.

EDIT: @octain11 i sent you and your friend a pm. did you get it? For some reason I dont see any messages in my sent folder.

try sending him another PM, let me text him

• 4 weeks later...
Star Subaru in Queens on Jamaica ave. I got a 2004 bh9 with 64000 and was able to buy a comprehensive warranty for 1200 no problem. 4000 miles later hg starts leaking they had the car fixed and back to me in a few days with no issues. Bill was like 1800 it only cost me the deductible of 100. Everybody over there from sales to service was real nice.

i bought my 2008 lgt at prestige in turnersville, everyone who works in that building is the typical shady car dealer.

i have not had 1 issue with miller subaru and they've warrantied me for everyhting i brought it in for as well as a few times after the warranty expired. only other subie dealership ive heard worth going to in nj is wayne.

• 2 weeks later...
i bought my 2008 lgt at prestige in turnersville, everyone who works in that building is the typical shady car dealer.

i have not had 1 issue with miller subaru and they've warrantied me for everyhting i brought it in for as well as a few times after the warranty expired. only other subie dealership ive heard worth going to in nj is wayne.

Prestige also marks up their part prices a lot more than other local dealers.

Stay far away from Bill Kolb. Bunch of shady assholes.

what sort of mods do you have? I have yet to have issues with them. What do you plan on getting serviced there?

I just picked up the car couple weeks ago.

And am planning to mod.

Today, I dropped the car off for a service.

So I will see how it goes when I pick it up tmr.

• 4 weeks later...

Paul Miller seems to be pretty reputable from what I hear. I just bought a 2013 2.5i Legacy from Hudson Subaru. They tried to be sneaky and put it as 3.9 interest rate even though the whole time they kept saying 0%, which is Subaru's policy. They put that in the fine print.

Since I got snaked back when I bought my WRX, I have become extremy weary of car salesmen. I took my time to read the whole contract and caught that. After I caught it, they were like "ooops." Enough of my angry face did earn me a free remote starter though lol :lol:.

Archived