LegacyGT.com

LED cluster on 2001

I saw this on another forum and thought it would be cool to do. And... since one of my bulbs was already out I figured I might as well do it. It was a pretty easy process and I'm REALLY happy with the results. I do have to admit the second photo is not actually one I took. I forgot to get one with the OE lights lit.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a111/altimaunit01/altimaunit01/Clusterproject.jpg

They are only a little brighter than the lights that came in the car. That camera just sucks in the dark. And since I used replacement LED bulbs the dimmer can still be used if they were too bright. Forgot to mention that I maid the trim around the gauges siver. Started out with paint which didn't work well and moved on to a metalic sharpee that I found. I still have to order some more LEDs for the HVAC controls.

I actually used two different colors. The bulbs behind the gauges are blue while the ones in the clock and odometer are actually white. I got the "how to" from another forum: http://www.sl-i.net/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14157

The bulbs came from superbrightLEDs.com (I think that's right) and are

# T1.5xHP - for the clock / odometer

# WLED-x5 - for the gauges

These are non-polorized so you won't have to worry about installing them backwards and then having to open it all up again.

• 10 months later...
Can't seem to find the LED's for the gauges. Do you by chance have the part numbers for them? Please and thank you

Click the link in the post directly before/above yours that says "got the how-to from another forum...." and it lists every single bulb you need.

That's what I used for reference and bought every bulb they listed.

Archived