LegacyGT.com

V.1 Cobb Accessport issues

sashadg1

Hi Guys,

I have a V.1 Accessport and just recently removed it and got tuned by Infamous tuning. When I bought it I had a serial port on my old computer that was 5 years ago. Computer do not have serial ports anymore at least the 4 computers I have now do not. So I bought a serial to USB converter cable plugged it in and down loaded drivers it found online and still the computers do not see the Accessport. Cobb told me to configure the COM ports. Sorry have no idea how to do that. I have found nothing in searches to figure this out. What in the heck is everybody doing now to use these? Is there a step by step list to configure the port to see the Accessport? I was going to sell this but want to make sure I can give instructions to get it to work.

Any help would be great.

Scott

Bucko3 it shows my adapter is on COM3 and says it is working properly. When I hook up the Accessport to the serial adapter it does nothing. My Accessport does not know it is hooked up nor does my computer see it or do anything. One thing I will point out if this makes a difference is I am using an male/male adapter on my converter.

It should work right? or could the problem be the male/male in between the serial converter and Accessport not compatible?

Scott

2013-01-06_14-51-03_295.thumb.jpg.69f661521bdbe890bad0bb79eb76d648.jpg

2013-01-06_14-51-58_484.thumb.jpg.a3f76f3b163da57561fcf3d8571fc458.jpg

• I Donated
Bucko3 it shows my adapter is on COM3 and says it is working properly. When I hook up the Accessport to the serial adapter it does nothing. My Accessport does not know it is hooked up nor does my computer see it or do anything. One thing I will point out if this makes a difference is I am using an male/male adapter on my converter.

It should work right? or could the problem be the male/male in between the serial converter and Accessport not compatible?

Scott

Change it to COM1 and you should be able to see it.

Since your Accessport is unmarried, are you holding the 2 up/down arrow buttons in until you get to the menu list and choose 'connect to PC'(I think) ? Beyond that, ask you question here. They still help out with these questions.

https://forums.cobbtuning.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?228-Subaru-AccessTUNER

I can't tell by the photo if you followed.my first piece of advice. The computer will not see the accessport until you set the AP to 'sync to pc'. (I was wrong, it wasn't 'connect to pc'). It'll then say ' waiting for pc'. If that hasn't been done, do that. Then if it's on another com port, you can change that.

ok I got the Accessport to say waiting for PC by pressing the up/down button right when I gave it power if you wait it will not work. So is says waiting for PC I plugged in the USB with Access map manger open. Nothing, it says "Accessport not connected" and the Accessport is just waiting.

Question I cannot find the old Cobb map maanger CD it came with I have down loaded the newest Map manger which says it covers all older copies. Maybe they are talking about the V.2 Accessport and I need to still use the old version of map manager for this old unit? That is the only thing I can think of. Any ideas

Holy crap balls I got it to work perfect, the new version of Map Manger was indeed the problem I suspected.. Bill from Cobb sent me the correct version off their archive site. I deleted the new version and downloaded the old version designed for the old Accessport and BAM!!!! It connected and showed current maps. I was able to load all the maps anyone could possibly use across the country 91 or 93 in both Real time and Base maps.

Now the big question can Infamous Tuning (Shamar) convert the map running in my car now to work on this Accessport along with a real time E85 map so I can toggle between the two in the event I cannot find E85 on a drive? I was going to sell this but if I can use this to do that instead of a lap top I will certainly consider keeping it. Anyone doing this with an old Accessport? I know I cannot use it to datalog but that is okay I will get a Vag-Com cable to handle that.

Scott

Also my number one map listed on this Accessport says "Married Stock Mod". That seems to me that it was not unmarried when the new map was downloaded using ECUflash/Opensource/Romraider whatever they call it. Is it supposed to say that when unmarried?

Scott

Your ap is unmarried. I can tell by the photo you posted. Iirc, that map you mention is a stock map that was used to mask the AP that folks would flash to when getting service work done so as not to void the warranty.

Holy crap balls I got it to work perfect, the new version of Map Manger was indeed the problem I suspected.. Bill from Cobb sent me the correct version off their archive site. I deleted the new version and downloaded the old version designed for the old Accessport and BAM!!!! It connected and showed current maps. I was able to load all the maps anyone could possibly use across the country 91 or 93 in both Real time and Base maps.

Now the big question can Infamous Tuning (Shamar) convert the map running in my car now to work on this Accessport along with a real time E85 map so I can toggle between the two in the event I cannot find E85 on a drive? I was going to sell this but if I can use this to do that instead of a lap top I will certainly consider keeping it. Anyone doing this with an old Accessport? I know I cannot use it to datalog but that is okay I will get a Vag-Com cable to handle that.

Scott

Glad to hear you got it taken care of. I doubt Shamar can convert your tune over to the v1 ap platform. Your best bet would be to have an awareness of all the e85 stations in your area and if you plan on venturing out beyond, take your laptop. If you had the streettuner software, you could do it, but there'd be some things to learn in order to convert.

• 3 years later...
Any chance anyone out there knows if there was a v1 accessport stage 2 map for use with the sf intake?

Your best off to contact Brian at www.tuningalliance.com and see if they can send you a map. To bad you didn't get in on the trade in program with Cobb for a V2.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Any chance anyone out there knows if there was a v1 accessport stage 2 map for use with the sf intake?

Your best off to contact Brian at www.tuningalliance.com and see if they can send you a map. To bad you didn't get in on the trade in program with Cobb for a V2.

Cobb has retired the V1 AP.

You'll want atleast a V2, current is V3. V3 has some nice benefits like boost by gear, and custom sensor logging. Like Max said shoot us a PM, we can take care of you and get everything all set. Either PM or email me directly at brianr@tuningalliance.com

-Brian

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived