LegacyGT.com

Is there any way to adjust the steering wheel so its closer to me?

Hi,

I guess i have long legs and short arms because I find driving my 05 legacy a little uncomfortable. when i have my legs at a comfortable position, the steering wheel is too far away.

I am wondering if there is a way to move it closer to me by an inch or two. i guess i can't use spacers because of the air bag and the light/wiper spokes will be too far away.

Any ideas anyone?

Install telescoping steering column. In USDM was available MY2008-MY2009.

This.

My 09 has a telescoping column.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

You could always put blocks on the pedals...like when you were learning how to ride your older brothers bike and you couldn't reach the pedals. I'm the youngest of 4 so I always got hand me downs...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Hi,

I guess i have long legs and short arms because I find driving my 05 legacy a little uncomfortable. when i have my legs at a comfortable position, the steering wheel is too far away.

I am wondering if there is a way to move it closer to me by an inch or two. i guess i can't use spacers because of the air bag and the light/wiper spokes will be too far away.

Any ideas anyone?

I HAVE THIS EXACT PROBLEM!! I'm 5' 10", and even with the telescopic steering column the wheel doesn't come far enough back to a comfortable position.

Mother of god. I never knew.

Are all 08/09 Legacy/Outback trim levels equipped with this?

I need to start putting together a parts list.

I'm pretty sure everything above the extreme base 2.5i had it. 2.5i Special Editions at least have it.

Mother of god. I never knew.

Are all 08/09 Legacy/Outback trim levels equipped with this?

I need to start putting together a parts list.

I believe they all do, yes. My 09 2.5i SE Outback had it.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• I Donated
I never knew this was wanted by so many people. Its like my extendable arm rest. When I drive sometimes my elbow hits the button and it comes up. I wanna rip the ****** off.

Wanna meet up and do a straight-across trade for a regular armrest? :D

has anyone taken off some of the panels below the steering wheel to see if a section of it could be "unbolted" and "rebolted" into a different position? maybe there is a spline connection somewhere which allows it to move telescopically when a few bolts are loosened. unlikely... but just maybe...

You could always put blocks on the pedals...like when you were learning how to ride your older brothers bike and you couldn't reach the pedals. I'm the youngest of 4 so I always got hand me downs...

i'd need to put blocks on the steering wheel!

Archived