LegacyGT.com

PA Transplant needs advice rear wheel bearings

murderDOCkill

Hey I'm new to the area, Longmont now previously State College, PA. I turned my car over 100k on the way out here and have noticed a whine from my rear wheel. Figuring it's a wheel bearing I hit up our local Subaru dealership in town to see if they'd work with me on the extended warranty SOA put on the rear bearings. Warranty is good until ?/2013 or 100k whichever comes first. I'm at 102,700. Turned over 100k on a 1500 mile trip and didn't notice it until a couple days being here.

So he told me $140 for each bearing. If i want them both replaced, which i probably would, $500 for parts/labor. Is there anywhere between Boulder and Fort Collins that does labor more affordable than my local stealership?

Check out the local forum awdpirates.net. And if you can extend your range you might be able to do better.

SOA might help you out because you're so close to the 100k, give them a call. If not, I'm sure others can recommend a solid shop up there. Worst case, they're really pretty straight forward to do yourself and have a shop press the bearing out/in.

Archived