LegacyGT.com

My 2006 spec B Need opinions

Hey all, I have been lurking around the forum trying to get all the information I can but I decided to finally post my progress so far with the car and get some insight to decide where to go next.

I also wanted to make this post to keep track of all the mods and keep the opinions I one place.

I bought a 2006 LGT spec B #294 in November of 2013 :spin: and has modded and fell in love with it ever since. Here are my mods so far....

Engine/exhaust:

Invidia Catless Up Pipe

Invidia Catless Down Pipe

Cobb SF intake

Magnaflow CBE

Cobb AP V3

Grimmspeed gasgets

Exterior:

Cleared stock grill with Subaru emblem remaining and painted black

Red Hella Tones horns

Kensun 6000k HID headlight bulbs

Lamin-X headlight tint (lightest)

Lamin-X fog light tint (yellow)

Lamin-X tail light tint (lightest)

Lamin-X turn signal tint (lightest)

Rally Armor black mud flaps w/ red lettering

15% window tint all around

Vinyed flat black rear panel on trunk

Bayson-R front lip

Looking for a rear diffuser or spats!

Also I kind of want a rear window spoiler but the STI style that comes off of the car. if anyone knows information on them or what years of sti's would fit that would be great.

Suspension:

That's next opinions for about $800-$1000

Wheels tires:

White Rota Grids 18x8.5

red lugs

wrapped in RS3-A Tires

Maybe someone could tell me how much I will need to roll my fenders so I can drop it.

I think that pretty much wraps up where I am now and where I want to is a better TMIC or a FMIC but I needs some opinions on that. Also, I would like to do a bigger turbo, gauges, fuel injectors and get a real tune not just an OTS. For suspension I was thinking about coils but don't want to spend any more than about 1000 was thinking spring and strut combo but its not adjustable and I do need to roll and possibly pull fenders. When I have a lot of spring compression my tires rub which hurts me every time. All comments suggestions and whatever else you want to say is completely welcome thanks everyone, here are some pics for everyone.

Here is the first couple days I had it.

478445629_photo1.JPG.dc846a10281aee29b11018890c5946ea.JPG

And then the fun...

1174533678_photo2.JPG.c62c546eae566098c78f9e231e146130.JPG

1158636586_photo3.JPG.092a5d223b02bce45a251b8ceff4b765.JPG

1737409634_photo4.JPG.b118c63154e4b4cc9e238f328acf8eaf.JPG

What's with the black bits on the trunk lid?

How do you like the Kensun kit? I bought, and have installed one as well, just haven't fired up with 'em yet. Pics of how you mounte the ballasts? Did you get the anti-flicker kit as well?

Lookin' good, though!

The black bits? I'm not sure that I know what you mean.

And the kensun kit has been good, I love kensun because they're such a good company to deal with, like returns and exchanges. But I think they look absolutely great.

I zip tied the ballasts out of the way. The left light when you are looking into the engine bay, is zip tied to the SF intake braket and isn't visible. And the right light is zip tied to I believe the frame close to the wiper fluid container. I will take a pic and post it.

I got the anti flicker kit which was like 5 dollars online, and I haven't used it. The lights do flicker when I don't turn on the lights because when I put down the e-brake the DRL comes on but that's not enough power to get the hids shining so it makes the flicker. Haven't tried using the kit to see if it would fix it. I don't mind turning on my lights every time I turn my car on, I had to do that in my mazda anyway.

And thank you so much!

Beautiful Spec B with nice mods. You might have to disconnect your DRLs when running HIDs. There's a lot of info on HIDs.
I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

As far as suspension goes, I am really quite happy with STi pinks and a fresh set of Bilstein HDs. The cost is more than 800-1000 dollars though. I think grand total investment was close to knocking on the door of a set of K&Ws or a set of RCE Tarmac 1 coilovers.

I really wanted to keep the B part of the spec, so I stuck with the Bilstein setup. Probably silly in the end, but it's what I wanted.

Thank you everyone!

Yea I probably should just disconnect them. I know how to do it but just haven't done it. Thank you so much on your reply for suspension. How much would a set up like that go for? That sounds like something I would like to have as well to keep true to the spec. Also how much would that set up drop after everything broke in? I'm looking for about 1.5 Inches but probably more like 2 I want a pretty good drop. Thank you for all the info!

Black bits meaning, why'd you (vinyl) wrap the bottom trunk section black? Was there damage?

You need to disconnect your DRLs when running HIDs -- Reach under the driver's kickpanel and pull the big white(?) plug. Err, look under there, first and pull the plug on the unit that indicates it's for the DRLs.

I installed the ballasts and the anti-flicker/CANBUS cancellers, just in case. For a $5 add-on, it just made sense.

When I cleared my headlights, I mounted the ballasts to the bottom of the headlight housing - Believe it or not, they fit!

I vinyled it because I just had some flat black left over from my last car so I decided to just see how it looks and I really like it. There is no damage just thought it looks nice with the contrast and it sets it apart a little but doesn't look cheap well at least I don't think so.

Okay thank you for the info, Ill do that when I get home tonight. Thanks! And yea I bought the canceler because why not but never installed and have no problems when lights are on. And they fit there?? I'm super surprised. I thought about putting them there if I decided to clear my lights which I still might do but I thought for sure they wouldn't fit there. Thanks! I might get a set of hid fogs but I haven't decided yet

Thank you all for the replies!

I got hid fogs for mine, but they are still sitting in my shop lol. When I seen you did white wheels my first thought was, eww lol. But after looking at them they look really nice, also didn't like the black on the trunk at first either, but it doesn't look bad or cheap. I have a 09 spec.b I did catless dp and GMS cat back, need to do up, turbo, intake, fuel injectors, have it tuned, wheels tires, suspension and it obviously goes on and onAlso has a new engine, stage 2 spec clutch light weight flywheel. Not sure what to do next really.

This should be on another forum but does anyone have any idea when I race it around a little the clutch peddle goes to the floor and only has like 2" and travel. Not sure if I am loosing pressure or what, if I leave it alone it goes normal, if I pump it, it goes normal. But I don't know if me pumping it is causing it to go normal or what, kinda confusing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well install them bad boys and let me see how they look!! Lol

I completely understand your reaction to the white wheels. Everyone when I tell them I have white rotas on a silver car they cringe and so did I when I bought them and put them on but over the corse of about a couple months they have grown on me and I actually like them. I wanted something completely different than just black or grey like everyone else has and don't get me wrong it looks good but I wanted something different. I wanted red rotas but they're only offered in 9.5 wide which wouldn't work without heady modification. So I went with white and I'm beginning to like them lol. And the back panel being black I actually saw some guy on here had it and I thought it was sweet so I said why not and did it.

And damn that's awesome that you have so much done to yours. I need to do turbo injectors a real tune and suspension and I'll probably need a better clutch by then haha. And I don't know about your clutch. I'm pretty good at diagnosing bad clutches but the only problem is I have to drive the car. Just a feel thing but sometimes you can become paranoid but maybe that's just me. But that is a little confusing, anyone else have any imput?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived