LegacyGT.com

Looking for a few mod suggestions on a N/A

So I have an 05 Non Turbo, and I just want to toss it out quickly that I do not plan on making this car into some sort of race worthy beast, otherwise I would've picked the GT. (honestly just couldn't afford the GT I was looking at so it was either the Non-Turbo or a Civic.. and I don't do civics)

I do however want to make some feasible adjustments to give the ride a little more oomph and raise the fun-o-meter a bit.

I have read some really simple things to start with would be the Air Intake, getting a Throttle Controller, and a Perrin Crank Pulley.

Air Intake is an obvious why, any specific suggestions you can make as far as brands go? I want to try something new instead of a K&N this time around.

Also Crank Pulley was pretty well described on Perrin's site, so that's simple enough.

What I don't really get is the throttle control, can someone give me a quick descriptor on the benefits of this and a suggested brand?

Beyond that is there anything else I could do to make minor improvements?

One other thing I was pondering is possibly a carbon fiber hood w/ pins. The current hood is sprinkled with tiny dings and paint scratches from excessive highway driving from the previous owner, it's certainly in good condition so I'm wondering if I could just take it off and sell it on the cheap to someone who would want to re-paint and pick up a new hood. Again not looking to go rice-crazy on it so I might just swap with someone?

If I could afford to install and modify all the necessary details to put in a turbo, I would've certainly been able to swing a GT. Besides I'm not looking for nearly THAT much increase.

I'm looking to just put a little more emphasis in the 30-55 mph range. Small details really.

Sorry I know this is a GT forum, but the 2.5 i is basically the retarded brother of the LGTs so it's good to help family out even if they're slow right? ;)

• Moderators

Keep the legacy exactly like it is. Buy an older miata for $3k. Have loads of fun with it when the weather is nice.

Other than suspension mods for your legacy, there's really not much to do mechanically. That leaves you with cosmetic options--pick a couple of things to do, beyond that and it's gonna start to look rice no matter what.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

DBW throttle controller is a good place to add some fun. AVO makes a decent one from what I have heard. Helps in eliminating the throttle response lag.

EDIT: I also hear the consensus is that the stock intake system is best just change the panel filter to a better one.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/faq-subaru-legacy-2-5i-115322.html

Start at that link for some ideas and more info.

DBW throttle controller is a good place to add some fun. AVO makes a decent one from what I have heard. Helps in eliminating the throttle response lag.

EDIT: I also hear the consensus is that the stock intake system is best just change the panel filter to a better one.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/faq-subaru-legacy-2-5i-115322.html

Start at that link for some ideas and more info.

Thanks sanchitosonria, that's exactly the kind of resourceful information I was looking for! I really appreciate it :)

Yea that's why I am on the wall with it, Granted I have the pearl obsidian so I didn't think it would stick out as bad as it would on another tone. I am still on the wall but from what the link provided gave me for ideas, I'll probably just find someone to do a touch-up.

If you want to utilize the air intake and an exhaust, etc, you need to flow more air than stock. The motor is perfectly happy sucking through the stock intake and blowing through the exhaust. Where I would start is with camshafts. Delta cams does a grind for subarus. I've been thinking of getting a set for mine. But not sure if I could justify it while I also have another sunny day fun car.

Archived