LegacyGT.com

Turbo Shudder?

Here's the deal. I would say once every 3 days while I'm driving I will shift either from 2nd to 3rd or from 3rd to 4th and let off the clutch and push the gas in like normal but I will feel the car like bog down and lose a little power but then the power (turbo?) kicks back in and back to normal. Won't happen again for, like I said, about 3 days. Usually happens within the first 3 miles of driving my car (normally in the mornings when I'm leaving work or at night, midnight, when I'm heading to work).

As I am new to the turbo world, is this normal or something to be checked out. I would assume its normal as I don't here any unusual noises and all my gauges read normal (MPG gauge and Tach). Any insight would be helpful

Info on car:

only have muffler delete and AVO panel filter. No tune.

You are likely experinecing the studder that these cars often have.

Usually happens between 2K - 3K and you are on the gas accelerating. It studders and isn't really smooth.

We have been suffering from this since 2005 when the model was new.

A tune will help smooth it out, if you get a protune map emailed to you, or even better, road or dyno tuned. A good tuner can help smooth it out, even in a stage 1 map that keeps your OEM catted down pipe in place.

Awesome, I kinda figured it was a problem with all the LGT's. The guys over on Nebraska-Subaru.com (most of which own WRX's) thought it might be a problem and to get it tuned asap...so I came over here. Its at the point just where the turbo would MOST LIKELY kick into full gear. But thank you Gire...will try and get a tune/accessport after I get a new DP.

Cheers for the weekend!!

Archived