LegacyGT.com

What kind of (STI?) GT wagon is this?

^^^I figured as much. Yet this is what he wrote on the skier website....

"Replaced with '05 Subaru Legacy GT wagon. Crazy turbo (STI engine), reasonable reliability, comfortable as the Volvo, and kick-ass to drive"

I believe 255 and 257 have same block and slightly different heads, but I'm not 100% sure, so a search or a more knowledgeable member can correct that, but just thought I'd throw my possible misinformation out there to spark more discussion. ;)

Fyi ... sti swap can sort of refer to anything and lots of people run sti brakes and then put an sti sticker on the car. Could mean anything from just the sticker all the way up to the motor and all sti bits.

The question you are looking for is that, no it is not factory Subaru. It's customization.

EJ257

EJ257 engine

DOHC 16-valve turbo. Originally designed for the North American Impreza STI in 2004 with AVCS and DBW. The same shortblock as EJ255 except the EJ255 has a different domed piston vs the EJ257. The heads also have different components. Subaru of America designates the same part numbers for an EJ255 shortblock, and EJ257 shortblock with the exception of the pistons.

Usage:

US Market Impreza WRX STi MY04~MY07 (300 hp, 293 hp (New SAE standard))

US Market Impreza WRX STI MY08~MY10 (305 hp (New SAE standard))

US Market Subaru Legacy/Subaru Outback MY05~MY06

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

could have the STI top end swap?

acquaintance of mine has sti badges on his LGT, but he did the manifold/intercooler/turbo swap from an STI.

iunno. to each their own i guess.

I could suck start a snow blower.

Archived