LegacyGT.com

Header for 97 GT Sedan (EJ25D)

I found some headers on ebay I'm looking at , and I want to make sure they're going to fit my motor. They say they fit 1997-2005 Impreza/Legacy 2.5L in the title, but in the compatibility section it says 98-2005 Impreza (outback, 2 door, and 4 door) with the 2.5 motor. I figured they would fit mine because its still the EJ25, but i want to double check so i don't have to deal with returns if they don't. Thanks guys.

I found some headers on ebay I'm looking at , and I want to make sure they're going to fit my motor. They say they fit 1997-2005 Impreza/Legacy 2.5L in the title, but in the compatibility section it says 98-2005 Impreza (outback, 2 door, and 4 door) with the 2.5 motor. I figured they would fit mine because its still the EJ25, but i want to double check so i don't have to deal with returns if they don't. Thanks guys.

The 96-2004 Legacy has the same exhaust layout as a similar range Impreza/forester. The header I would spring would be a good quality eBay header (AMR, CNT, etc) basically any good quality Borla UEL or replica made for the 98-2004 IMpreza will work for your car.

NO trust me :lol: if any of the descriptions say "WRX" it is crap :redface:

This is a very good setup:

http://www.cntracing.com/Tsudo-EL-98-05-Subaru-Impreza-RS-Header-with-catle-p/01-0601-.htm

It has many names Tsudo, CNT and I think AMR but these will fit without chopping or stretching and you get a cat-pipe IF you want that as aftermarket.

And always these are solid no-headache, no hassle headers that will fit with no doubts:

http://boxer4racing.3dcartstores.com/Header_c_313.html

Oh wow, that's a bit more than I was looking to spend...:icon_eek: Is there something less expensive I can do to still get a good sound out of it? I'm on a high school budget :lol: Maybe just a muffler?

Muffler wont get the result you seek but a you can get it with a UEL header. Look around eBay and find one in your price range.

A used option you know this fits as it has been on a car already ;)

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f177/t180636-stromung-dual-tip-ebay-borla-reps.html

I wouldn't buy that used one, check out the black marks on the flanges. That's an exhaust leak. It could be one of three things, bad head flange, bad gasket or bad header flange. Given that it's a cheap ebay header, it's probably the header flange. Ask the seller about it, maybe talk him down on it.

Black could be a bad exhaust manifold gasket, loose nut or yes a warped flange which a thick gasket could fix.

Point is you know your price point and there are options out there to make it happen :)

Archived