LegacyGT.com

Ready for Stage 2

Bonafide P

So I just bought a Cobb DP, and I'm all set and ready to go to stage 2. I'll be putting it in this weekend and I can't wait. I really don't know what to expect, but I can't wait to have near STi power in my leggy. I'm be running a cobb DP down to a spt CBE, and with a OTS Cobb tune. I want to eventually want to get it pro tuned by Bren, but that's after I replace my vf46 with a vf52. That will be much later down the road. Anyways, I want to hear everybody thoughts on stage 2 and what should I expected? I've been read the forums and alot people say it's a totally different car. All the hype is killing me, can't wait to put in the DP. Feels like Christmas day in November!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doing the exact same thing + an up too in the next week or two and I can hardly wait. Definitely want to hear how this turns out for you!

yeah man, your going cat less on the up pipe I assume? Luckily, my year came with a cat less up pipe , so I will be going catted on the dp. Let me know, how yours turn out as well..

sell your access port :) I got rid of mine for open source, Bren tuned my 07 with a vf52 made 334whp @ 375wtq..

either way you will love stage 2.

Oh man, those are sexy numbers man! yeah, I was thinking the same thing; sell the ap and go to Bren. But I think ill only do that after I got vf52. Still this is like, 4 years down the road I hope. Hahah! What support mods are you running on the vf52? Upgraded tmic, injectors, fuel pump?

Stage 2 feels great. The hype is all real... though I'd be willing to bet, based on past reading, that while you'll be very happy with a Cobb tune, getting a pro tune or open source from Infamous will net you even more smiles.

:whore:

Going from an OTS Stage 2 tune to an infamous stage 2 tune was like going from stock to stage 2 all over again. It was just so much smoother and better driving. Way worth the money especially if you don't plan on getting it protuned for that long down the road.

I just wish I would have known infamous can't do e-tunes with ap v1 before I bought it. Definitely would have paid the extra $ for v2. Oh well, anyone know if PDX or somebody else can tune via v1?

They have a trade in program for the V1

If it's not too off topic, what kind of numbers would bonafide and I see with a tune from you as we'd both have a catless up and a cobb dp? Or would it be totally different because he's an 08 and I'm an 05 (ie vf46 vs vf40)?

Did not know that, thanks for the heads up schrei

I know it's a few days later...just in case you haven't found it...

http://cobbtuning.com/info/?id=3846

As for power, COBB claims +22% HP, +38% TQ for stage 2 on the '05. Stock is 250/250 (claimed at the crank) so that's 55 HP and 95 TQ's. I would wager you'll get more from an Infamous tune and it will be safer and a whole hell of a lot smoother! :cool:;):D:wub:

Cheers!

Bonafide, how are you liking stage 2 so far?

I know it's a few days later...just in case you haven't found it...

http://cobbtuning.com/info/?id=3846

As for power, COBB claims +22% HP, +38% TQ for stage 2 on the '05. Stock is 250/250 (claimed at the crank) so that's 55 HP and 95 TQ's. I would wager you'll get more from an Infamous tune and it will be safer and a whole hell of a lot smoother!

I've seen the COBB graphs many times, and now that I have the parts to go to stage 2 those graphs are like a giant tease to me. I need to make time to get it done, but school keeps getting in the way:spin: I appreciate the concern though, it's nice to see a forum where people are genuinely trying to help others out:)

If I did get an e-tune, would I need to learn how to data log to make sure everything is running smooth? As in is data logging an absolute must, or is it more of one those things you should do, but don't necessarily have to do?

Data logging is HOW you get an e-tune. Your tuner sends you a base map, you install it then drive a while then log and send it to your tuner of choice, they tweak the map to make your tune knock free.

It's also super easy on the AP. Read the manual on how to log live data. Basically you put the AP in logging mode, hit a button on the AP to start and stop logging. Do whatever your tuner asks in between (usually a 3rd gear pull from 2K to redline).

I just wish I would have known infamous can't do e-tunes with ap v1 before I bought it. Definitely would have paid the extra $ for v2. Oh well, anyone know if PDX or somebody else can tune via v1?

I might be a little late here, but I'm pretty sure you can use a Tactrix cable or equivalent to reflash a car that has an APv1 tune. LittleBlueGT was doing that if I remember right.

• 3 weeks later...
So If I understand correctly I can use Infamous e_tune with AP v2+ right? I am trying to decide whether I should get AP or Tactrix cable. The latter obviosuly being cheaper solution but I like the diagnostic/flat foot shifting/lunch control benefits of AP...it's little smaller than laptop too :) Any advice guys?

• Mega Users

I'm ready for stage 2 as well. trying to find the right downpipe that will hook up to my meghan cbe. I was thinking about megans dp, its cheap, but I'm concerned with fitment as I've heard issues.

I'd also like a little support from a tmic or an fmic. either the IPR tmic or FMS fmic. It would also be nice already have an upgraded ic just in case I go stage 3 down the road. I'm a pretty handy guy and think I could tackle the install of an fmic. I just don't have a dremel, iirc, there was a little griding involved.....

any feedback is always appreciated thanks, bonafide, sorry about hijacking your thread:)

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

Archived