LegacyGT.com

Am I the first to notice?

BAC5.2

I was looking up the part numbers for the added-storage console for EDM cars and I was curious about the headlights.

The EDM vehicles were available with HID's and I wanted to know if they, by chance, had the same headlight part number as the non-HID cars.

Come to find out, they DO have the same part numbers for everything. The only differences are the HID lamps have a ballast (duh), and the auto levelers. The lens, and entire assemblies have identical part numbers for HID/NON-HID EDM cars. The part numbers are ALMOST identical to the USDM cars, but our outer lens is slightly different, and that could be the discrepancy.

So, I wonder if it stands to reason that the auto-levelers are swappable onto the USDM headlamps? That would be awesome if it were!

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

But the motor has a separate part number. The entire headlight assembly has the same PN between HID and non-HID. So maybe it bolts up?

Then again, maybe not.

The lenses should be the same regardless.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Hey Bac the motors wont bolt up the internal projector holder and high beam reflector is one piece ceramic deal not the multi piece like the JDM EDM, best way to see how it would work is get your hands on a STI housing and see how its put together and you will see the difference. NOW if you dont mind the high beam being a little goofed looking in the housing you maybe able to mount the STI projector and holder and high beam inside the legacy housing it may work and may not who knows just a idea.. Or spring for the JDM or EDM units. Good luck man.
Mr.350

I can't confirm JDM/EDM HID vs JDM/EDM non-HID differences, but EDM/JDM vs USDM for the Rev. D style cars have completely different headlights. The entire unit has a slightly different shape and contour. I've tried to stick a JDM light into a USDM fender and it didn't come close to lining up. Since the P/N between the USDM and JDM/EDM headlights are different, you couldn't assume that the motors would bolt right into a USDM unit, based on the fact the EDM HID and non HID lights have the same P/N.

Leke, thanks for that! Sounded too good to be true. The EDM/JDM HID vs. non-HID, the lamps have the same part number so I would imagine that the low-beam lenses are the same (which is interesting).

I'm mostly curious if the JDM/EDM low-beam housings are the same as the USDM housings.

Good idea on the STi stuff Mr. Luv. I'll have to keep my eyes open for a pair of 06/07 STi lights.

Archived