LegacyGT.com

Gauging Interest: Track Pipe/High Flow Cat/Resonated Pipe

Hey everyone,

I am posting this thread to see if there is any interest in a high flow cat or track pipe for our cars.:D Here is what I am thinking for it so far,

-304 SS 2.25” x 0.065” Tube

-3/.8” 304 SS flanges

-2 M18x1.5 304 SS O2 sensor bungs

-Stainless bolts

-Exhaust gaskets

Now here come the decisions to make,

-Track pipe vs. high flow cat pipe vs. resonated pipe (could possible do more than one if there is interest)

-To make it cheaper I can do the pipe in 409 SS (not quite as good as 304 SS)

-Pie cut bends vs. mandrel bends

Of course the high flow cat and resonator will increase the price a little bit.

Now to make this work I need to at least offset the cost of materials, supplies and a vendor account. Anything under 10 people will most likely not make this work because the cost would be similar to that of the Stromung pipe ($290).

I am currently working on the prototype right now, but with the holidays I doubt I will finish it till the New Year. I will post pictures as soon as it is done. I am thinking I will start the group buy around mid January.

If you are interested let me know and I will put you down. This is NOT the group buy, and pricing will not be posted until the group buy is opened. I can promise the price will be much less than the Stromung unit.

Track Pipe:

1.danieltrusty

2. Swagon_Wagon

3. Dufek125

4. ColinM

5. pleaidestar

High Flow Cat Pipe

1. wish

2. Sludgeroo

3. Kiyo1990

4. WESTcoast

5. pleaidestar

6. Kennyfvholla

7. usmc210

Resonated Pipe

Thanks, Kyle aka Subikid90

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in for a track pipe in 304 SS, even better if you can put in a 3rd O2 bung., I have no emissions where I live, I don't need a cat or resonator. And I will say, from personal expirence with the intake Subikid made for me, the quality of his work is AMAZING! seriously people, buy these.

Any reason not to go with 2.5" tubing?

Also, if you have access to a mandrel pipe bender, USE IT! ;)

I'm in for a track pipe in 304 SS, even better if you can put in a 3rd O2 bung., I have no emissions where I live, I don't need a cat or resonator. And I will say, from personal expirence with the intake Subikid made for me, the quality of his work is AMAZING! seriously people, buy these.

Any reason not to go with 2.5" tubing?

Also, if you have access to a mandrel pipe bender, USE IT! ;)

Thanks!

3rd O2 bung is not problem, but what do you need it for?

The 2.25" pipe has been proven to be the "best" size for performance, plus the borla and borla knockoff headers all collect into a 2.25" pipe, so with would mate up perfect.

The 2.25" pipe has been proven to be the "best" size for performance, plus the borla and borla knockoff headers all collect into a 2.25" pipe, so with would mate up perfect.

Agreed on all points.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Yes you can do the elbows or the spark plug non fouler. Even with the high flow cats people have had to use spacers because of CEL's.

I plan to test both the spark plug non fouler and extended O2 bungs and find which gives the better result and go with that.

• 2 weeks later...
STupid question, but are these basically the same thing? I am new to the whole performance areas

They are all slightly different. Some people have to have cats because of sniff tests, so thats the reason for the high flow cat version. With an custom catback you might have some droaning, so adding the resonator helps a ton. And then there is the complete delete "track" pipe which will give the best performance gains.

i dont have to worry about a CEL so count me in for a track pipe. are these gonna work with the stock donut joint on our mid pipe? pics firsts then ill buy.

I am working on a prototype right now. It will bolt up to the stock catback

put me down for a high flow cat!

Got you down

Archived