LegacyGT.com

Alternator Cover...

Hello,

I've done a search and found that I need the WRX/STI bracket...anyone have any details on this without me having to bug my Suby friends to do some measuring?

With this bracket, it sounds like I can use any WRX/STI alternator cover...can someone please verify this? I'm so bummed that I sold my last STI with the ARC cover on it...not knowing I would own my current 05 LGT.

Thanks in advance,

Brent

Pics up...installed...really cleaned up the messy look around the alternator.

Koolaupoko-20130203-00021.thumb.jpg.9bc1ba1d920fffc86d3c8a3a3842d5e2.jpg

Koolaupoko-20130203-00022.thumb.jpg.47d3c462ef535f5e42f3b0957bba4f6a.jpg

Koolaupoko-20130203-00023.thumb.jpg.ca7dbe5580ec1ed1982bd0a252114c49.jpg

Why, just go commando. I don't have the engine cover on the wagon. Been gone since week 2 of ownership. I bought the car late June 04.

Save your money for something that will make it go faster.

When I open the hood, with a quick glance, I can check a number of different things.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Just installed the 02-07 WRX/STI Perrin Alternator Cover...

It's pretty easy...I made more of it than I was expecting.

1. You use the existing bolt hole on the passenger side...

2. Remove the stock alternator cover bracket...(loosen the alternator bolt and it slide up and off.

3. Fabricate a simple L-shaped bracket...eyeball the height and length..drill two holes the size of the bolts that the alternator cover comes with.

4. You will fumble around a bit to get the correct height so nothing comes in contact with the cover...I used some plastic tubes I had laying around in the toolbox...

I'll take some pics as soon as I find a hex head SS bolt to replace the one missing from my kit...

I went commando for a while but got tired of looking at the dull alternator area...a deal came up locally on the cover so I picked it up...glad I did...btw...it's plenty fast as it is...not much to do anymore. It puts down 420hp/423tq on the dyno...fully built motor/suspension...exterior is a Sleeper...only thing that gives it away are my SSR Type-C's and slightly lowered stance. It's my fun DD. The best part of my day is my drive to and from work. :)

I live in Hawaii now (after moving from Anchorage Alaska)...which makes it a lot easier to keep a clean engine bay...along with the rest of the car. I don't miss the Spring cleanup which took me a half a day for each car but I do miss Alaska...

Archived