LegacyGT.com

How to crank the eninge, but keep the coils/spark plugs from igniting? Crank Sensor??

I am just completing a new build with a new shortblock, rebuilt heads, and a new turbo. I need to turn the engine over to circulate oil and build oil pressure, but NOT spark the plugs.

If I unplug the crankshaft position sensor, will that keep it from sparking??

FWIW, When I started mine for the first time I did it like the factory does. Key to on, let the gauges sweep, start the engine. Mine started like it does every day. Three cranks and its at idle. Oil pressure light goes out.

Ideally you want the plugs out doing your were, the idea is to not build compression while the engine is at cranking speed.

You get oil pressure much fast at idle then at cranking speed.

Your way all you need to do is pull the fuel pump fuse, the plugs firing well not hurt anything.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

If you leave the spark plugs in, your still building compression and putting pressure on the crank and rod bearings until oil pressure builds.

Again, you get oil pressure much quicker at idle just like the factory does it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived