LegacyGT.com

Any one use DBTuned?

haycock

I'm about to go to stage 3 and I'm going to need to be tuned. i was thinking of doing a E-tune from infamous1 but that sounds like a pain in the ass. so I'm wondering if anyone has had DBTuned tune there car or have any experience with them?

Thanks,

Bryan

Paul at FW Motorsports (renamed from DBTuned when he got a new location) knows his stuff, and he's a cool guy :). I take my scoobie there for all maintenance and repairs. There are a few guys floating around this NorCal forum that can vouch for his tuning skills. I hope they can chime in.
Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

I took mine there for it's 60k service and Paul was great. Cost me a small fortune but I paid for quality parts and fluids. He schooled me on Subaru extra-s gear oil which he uses and it fixed a synchro grinding issue so that's all that goes in my tranny and diffs now.

I asked about tuning and it seemed he shys away from it, but I think its because he doesn't make much $$ doing tunes. IIRC he only tunes via an accessport so thats something else you would need to pay for plus the tune. I vote for e-tune, that's what I've always done. The actual logging isnt the pain, its the waiting for revisions from Shamar but his turn around time seems to be better from what I've heard. Never had any problems with my infamous tunes and if you run into problems I could try to help.

thanks for the replies.

I'm hearing and reading mostly good things about him in general but haven't really heard to much about his tuning. i want to be sure someone can tune it to its full potential while still being safe, Ive put alot of money into parts so id hate to get a mediocre tune and not use the parts to their potential.

jayway,

i already have an accessport so that wouldn't be an issue. did you get a wideband o2 for your e-tune? if so which one?

bnr 18g

dw740 injectors

dw65c

racerx fmic

turbo smart kompact bov

grimmspeed boost solenoid

those are the main parts im upgrading from the stage 2.

i would consider going to e85 but its the wifes dd and she thinks it would be a hassel trying to find a e85 pump. so no e85...

I have heard 50-50 among the people I hang out with.

Positives for sure for tunes around here is GST and I personally am running a tune from EQ.

Definite is when Shiggy from Japan is here at AutoHeadquarters.

Paul can be a pain to deal with at times. I've used him before, but the last time I was trying to get a turbo installed, he gave me the run around on scheduling. Ended up having someone else do the job.

From what I've heard, EQ Tuning is better at tuning. Or just go with Shamar, his turnaround was around 2 days at most, from the time you send in your log to him sending the tune.

Paul can be a pain to deal with at times. I've used him before, but the last time I was trying to get a turbo installed, he gave me the run around on scheduling. Ended up having someone else do the job.

From what I've heard, EQ Tuning is better at tuning.

I'm sorry to hear to about your experience.

When did this happen?

Not making excuses, but we were building a new shop & moving, so unfortunately, customer service sucked until all the kinks were worked out.

I'd like to invite you to give us another try.

Not wanting to turn this into a tunZoR War, but define better.

I have a stage2+ tune from paul and a shitload of mods all done by him... 0 issues and im at probably 60k miles now on this stuff.

The list:

Pablo Especial short block (bored and honed, new pistons, i forget what else)

Wrapped equal length headers

Cobb UP

Cobb catted DP

Greddy evo2 exhaust

more suspension mods than I care to list

My main concerns were 1.) Factory look under the hood and 2.) ability to make my dick tingle when i pin the throttle.

Mission Accomplished.

My numbers are in here someplace... Ill try to dig them out.

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

I have heard 50-50 among the people I hang out with.

Is that Paul's length:girth ratio or girth:length? Either way, I'm jealous.

I've been running Paul's stage 2 for 4+ years now. Car runs as smooth as stock while putting down close to 270 hp at the wheel.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B][I]"Sweep the leg!" - Sensei Kreese, Karate Kid [/I][/B][/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
I have a stage2+ tune from paul and a shitload of mods all done by him... 0 issues and im at probably 60k miles now on this stuff.

The list:

Pablo Especial short block (bored and honed, new pistons, i forget what else)

Wrapped equal length headers

Cobb UP

Cobb catted DP

Greddy evo2 exhaust

more suspension mods than I care to list

My main concerns were 1.) Factory look under the hood and 2.) ability to make my dick tingle when i pin the throttle.

Mission Accomplished.

My numbers are in here someplace... Ill try to dig them out.

Irrational X on Iclub yeah?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived