LegacyGT.com

05 stock wheel looks the best

i've been on the 05 stock wheels for over 5 years. i've been eyeing some new wheels but i really think the 05 oem wheels are still one of the best wheels (even vs aftermarket) on the lgt.

am i the only one who thinks this? the enkei's and oz wheel look great but something about the stock wheel for this particular year looks really good after all these years. i recently lowered my car and the oem wheels look even better.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
no doubt its a great factory design but the offset ruins it for me

QFT. The 05 design beats the heck out of the 08 wheels that I have, but the offset is ridiculous. They look skinny and tucked with even a moderate drop.

It's cool; I'm with the band

I'm a noob, but I love the factory wheels. I have an '07, and that was one of the things that sold me on it. I'm not really a fan of any of the other years wheels... ok, ok, the spec.B ones are pretty hot... but living in the giant pothole that is Michigan, low profile tires have burned me…

I'm with you. Love the OEM 5 spoke. Ever since I bought the 98' GT, I said the car would look great with a 5 spoke wheel. I have 2 sets, summer/winter.

FWIW, I have alway's been a fan of Cragar SS wheels. Do you young guy's know what they are ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I like the stock wheels too. Personally I would have picked out something similar if they had come with something different. The only thing I dont like is that they are not unique since most leggys have them...

Aren't those more of a muscle car feel of wheel?

Yea, I'm 56y/o so I fit into that old muscle car thing.

I also think they over used the wheel too. Someone at the factory must have thought they looked great on the car too.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I have to agree that the stock 17’s are REALLY common and I can understand how that can kill them for some. I was surprised that Subaru didn’t offer more wheel choices, especially being that they were trying to move the Legacy up market, as more of a poor-mans BMW 5-Series.

In that case I would have loved the multispoke or a BBS.

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicles/mseries/m3sedan/2007/allfacts/equipment/_shared/img/exterior_wheels.jpg

or

http://www.bmwtuningmag.com/wp-content/uploads/bmw-aerokit1.jpg

I even thought about these

http://www.alloywheelpros.com/catalog/images/SU75.jpg

• I Donated
I have loved the stock wheels since the 05s were new (and I was rocking a 1990 Legacy wagon with steelies). I too have two sets, one for summer and one for winter. I would not trade them for any other design. I think they were a pinnacle of Subaru wheel design.

Archived