LegacyGT.com

2005 Alignment Specs

miles

Alignment Specs from 2005 Legacy Service Manual.

FRONT & *REAR CAMBER

*REAR CAMBER is not adjustable.

Camber (Differences between RH and LH: 45' or less)

Sedan & Wagon

2.5 i, 2.5 GT

-0°15' ±0°30'

OUTBACK

0° 40' ±0°30'

CASTER (not adjustable)

Sedan

2.5 i, 2.5 GT

5° 55'

OUTBACK

4° 55'

Wagon

2.5 i, 2.5GT

5° 40'

OUTBACK

4° 55'

Front Toe

Sedan & Wagon

0 ±2 mm

(0 ±0.08in)

Rear Toe

Sedan & Wagon

0 ±2 mm

(0 ±0.08 in)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Legacy Sedan alignment specs. provided by dealership.

Front

Caster Left & Right

Min. 5°10'

Pref. 5°55'

Max. 6°40'

Camber Left & Right

Min. -1°00'

Pref. -0°15'

Max. 0°30'

Front & Rear

Individual Toe

Min. -1.5

Pref. 0.0

Max. +1.5

Total Toe

Min. -3.0

Pref. 0.0

Max. +3.0

Rear

Camber Left & Right

Min. -1°25'

Pref. -0°40'

Max. 0°05'

Here is my aligment specs...and this is AFTER they supposedly aligned it. Note most everything is off, with the rear camber way off. If there is no way to adjust rear camber, what to do? Would this qualify for Lemon law (assuming 4 chances to fix, etc...)? Thanks.

Document.pdf

Here is my aligment specs...and this is AFTER they supposedly aligned it. Note most everything is off, with the rear camber way off. If there is no way to adjust rear camber, what to do? Would this qualify for Lemon law (assuming 4 chances to fix, etc...)? Thanks.

Looks like a very nice alignment job! The RR camber is a bit more than wanted, especially since the LR is -0.5. But nothing terrible. What about these specs is bothering you? Toe F&R is zero'd out, camber in the front is a conservative -0.5 to -0.6, castor diff is 0.5. All good numbers!

Looks like a very nice alignment job! The RR camber is a bit more than wanted, especially since the LR is -0.5. But nothing terrible. What about these specs is bothering you? Toe F&R is zero'd out, camber in the front is a conservative -0.5 to -0.6, castor diff is 0.5. All good numbers!

you must be kidding

Front looked good, looks like they didnt even touch the rear.

I set my front to 0 toe and -.5 camber and the rear to 0 toe. I have about -1deg camber in the back. no big deal but the toe I can always get to 0 and the camber is relatively even in the back. I wonder why your rear camber differs so much left to right?

you must be kidding

No, I wasn't. I'll be the first one to admit not being a alignment guru, but from my reading of the alignment data, only the RR camber looked to be off compared to the LR.

All of the other number's still look good to me! If I'm wrong, please someone tell me what I'm not seeing....

• 2 months later...
Reviving old post.... so if my rear camber is off 1 degree (-1.5 deg to -.5 deg) which is double the .5 deg. min/max spec, how do I fix it (Since it's not adjustable)? Silly question, but what are the consequenses of this?

Rear camber of -1.5 is fine in my books. It will give you better traction around corners then -0.5. Just make sure your toe is in spec (try to talk the guy into getting your toe deadly) and your tire wear should be just fine.

FWIW if rear camber was adjustable most aggressive street drivers would set it at -1.5.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just got my alignment done today at Firestone. 05 2.5i with 47,700 miles. First alignment since purchase. :eek: i noticed some feathering on the outsides of the front (obviously the fault of the toe angles)

not sure if the specs below are the update ones you were looking for but this is what Firestone has in the compter for it.

edit: print screen to pic

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e168/SeattleLegacy/Alignment.jpg

• 5 years later...
  • 4 years later...

Archived