LegacyGT.com

So I put in an aftermarket stereo and ...

My dash doesn't light up , did I blow the fuse ? I forgot to disconnect the battery while rushing to connect the stereo since I work at acura and they were closing in 5 minutes ... I also left 2 wires lose from the harness and there was another little connector which was in the other stereo not sure if that has anything to do.. Help !

I checked the info that came with my adapter and orange is for illumination. I remember with my adapter all of the colors matched the wire colors for the stereo. I would check to see if your stereo has a wire that should orange wire from the car. perhaps the dash illumination circuit is open unless that wire is connected.

Yup, Orange is illumination. I've wired up about 65 radios but never had dead illumination after. Two dead amps, three speakers wired wrong. Left is right, right is rear. easy stuff like that, but then I've never left any wires open other than the power ant.

Let me know if you need any help

+1 ^ I've got a Pioneer that doesn't use the illum either and I don't have an issue. I would venture a guess it didn't get taped up or something, touched some metal and blew the fuse... I only say that because I did that exact thing on my 1st gen lol!

Been awhile - since I wired up my stereo in my 98... but is there a fuse in the engine bay that went vs the fuses inside the car? I know in one of my wiring issues at one point I found the blown fuse in the engine bay to be the issue...

I would also retrace your wiring just to make sure you didn't swap a wire and/or leave one bare and it's shorting.:icon_idea

Would I have to change my illumi fuse on the fuse box at the side near the door ? And can someone show me how the fuse box is mounted on their car because my friend took off my fuse box being a dick and I'm not sure how its supposed to be mounted on again

Archived