LegacyGT.com

4th gen vs 5th gen Legacy

Just wondering if you feel the same way I do about your 4th gen.

With the overall styling and character of the 4th gen leggy, I chose and purchased my 2009 over a 2010. To take it a step further, even if offered a brand new 2012 vs a brand new 2009 with equal features, I'd take the 2009 every time. I can't help but see the 5th gen as generic looking.

I want to hear from you. Do you have your 4th gen because it's your ultimate choice or because you're saving (or holding out for another reason) for a 5th gen?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Mega Users

With the overall styling and character of the 4th gen leggy, I chose and purchased my 2009 over a 2010. To take it a step further, even if offered a brand new 2012 vs a brand new 2009 with equal features, I'd take the 2009 every time. I can't help but see the 5th gen as generic looking.

I want to hear from you. Do you have your 4th gen because it's your ultimate choice or because you're saving (or holding out for another reason) for a 5th gen?

Couldn't agree with you more

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

I agree with the OP. 5th gen looks too audi-ish or something for me. Not only that but I'm perfectly happy that the previous owner of my spec. b took the depreciation hit for me and left me with aftermarket goodies like AP, stage 2, cobb sways, and cobb exhaust. I've bought a few brand new vehicles in my time but don't think I'll do so again. It just doesn't make any sense...unless it's a diesel and you want to keep it in warranty....and some people think Subarus are expensive to fix! Ha!

Just wondering if you feel the same way I do about The Fast and the Furious.

With the overall styling and character of the The Fast and Furious 4, I chose and purchased F&F4 over F&F5. To take it a step further, even if watching F&F5 vs watching F&F4, I'd take the F&F4 every time. I can't help but see the 5th F&F as generic.

I want to hear from you. Do you watch your The Fast and the Furious 4 because it's your ultimate choice or because you're saving (or holding out for another reason) for The Fast and The Furious5?

Fixed because no racecar

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/127/663/tumblr_lgf3pgDzLT1qh4nf6o1_400.gif

I was looking at the 5th gens when I found a used spec.B. Though I am not a huge fan of the styling of the 5th gens, I do like the 4" or so of extra legroom. Also, the stage 1 gains on the 5th gens are stupid big for just a tune.

I can live with mediocre styling (I drove a sonic yellow bugeye for 5 years), but the biggest thing that held me back on the 5th gen (besides the extra $) was the 6 speed transmission... just squeezing in an extra gear into the 5 speed does not seem like a good idea.

Also, chuck norris. I guess.

I agree, I have nothing agains the 2010+, they are just not for me. My 07 was wrecked last year and I called around trying to find an 08-09 since I liked the slightly different headlights and taillights they had vs my 07. Nobody had any of them, 07-09 on their lots. Since I wasn't willing to travel far to find one I had to move on.

Archived