LegacyGT.com

clutch engagement problem

I got the ACT clutch kit with lightened flywheel installed in my car a while ago. The problem i am having is this: If i drive normally it works as it should

100% of the time. When i'm driving hard a small percentage of the time when i shift into 1st or between 1st and 2nd the clutch pedal will stay almost half engaged once i release it, thus I shift and and jam on the gas but the pedal is still partly engaged (although my foot is not touching it) and the revs jump up because the clutch is not catching fully. The wierd thing is that it only happens sometimes (not very often at that) but it is annoying because everytime i make a shift i am scared it will happen so i have to stick my foot under the clutch pedal and pull it up just to make sure it is not partially engaged. The shop i had it installed at has no idea why this happens, so hopefully you guys can help me figure out whats wrong. Any insight into this would be appreciated greatly I having to put my foot under the clutch pedal and push it the reverse way every time i shift to make sure it doesn't get stuck. Any ideas???

Archived