LegacyGT.com

Flashing Cruise Light; Not Working

I tried using cruise a couple of days ago after work and the second I

turned it on, the light just flashed.

I couldn't do anything with it, i tried shutting it off, setting it etc but it flashed for the 70 minutes home and I'm not sure if I should use it again and what went wrong.

As for the song... I wanted to listen to something with a good beat and Eddie Money wasn't going to cut it :spin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG4vKL3PVVA&list=UU5NpWk_-mZ1ESYAg3CkEkfA&feature=plcp

Edit:

I can't figure out how to embed the video and I also couldn't make it shorter

Do you have a Check engine light also ?

I seem to recall this happening to someone here before a couple years back.

May be PM someone like ClimberD@hexmods or BAC5.2 They may know. bmx045 may know the answer too.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Moderators

Incoming Check Engine Light!

Flashing cruise happened to me before the CEL kicked in when my front O2 sensor was busted. I think it's kind of like a "soft" CEL...ECU senses something is wrong, but takes the time to be sure before throwing a CEL--in the meantime you get the flashing / non-functional cruise (which will persist when the CEL shows up).

See if you can pull the code. If you can do a learning view it will probably tell you.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Incoming Check Engine Light!

Flashing cruise happened to me before the CEL kicked in when my front O2 sensor was busted. I think it's kind of like a "soft" CEL...ECU senses something is wrong, but takes the time to be sure before throwing a CEL--in the meantime you get the flashing / non-functional cruise (which will persist when the CEL shows up).

See if you can pull the code. If you can do a learning view it will probably tell you.

What he said. When my front o2 went it would first start with a flashing cruise under certain situations. Plugged my code reader in and it showed up as the front o2 each time. Go get your codes read. Buy the new part. Install it. Be happy.

Depending on the OBDII scanner. If no engine light is on. You need to select option "Pending Trouble Code" This is a trouble code that the ECU stored, but the problem hasn't accrued long & or often enough to "set" the trouble code & engine light.

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

Soft codes will always be stored before the check engine light will come on. A scanner will show pending codes and hard set codes. I am not sure what auto parts store use, but it should read pending codes. I have a matco tools little pocket scanner that can read both. Go get it checked.

P.S. If here is a pending code that means something failed, the dealership cannot say no to that. I am a service advisor at one haha

A little update:

Cruise works now, but the really odd thing is that when it's set,

the car keeps jolting like its letting off the gas and then stomping back on it

simultaneously. However, it's not because I look at my MPGs and the RMPs and they dont change unless its going uphill.

Any ideas?

A little update:

Cruise works now, but the really odd thing is that when it's set,

the car keeps jolting like its letting off the gas and then stomping back on it

simultaneously. However, it's not because I look at my MPGs and the RMPs and they dont change unless its going uphill.

Any ideas?

Don't use cruise until it's fixed?

Get the codes read. If you're hard pressed to get the cruise working, try un hooking the negative battery terminal to reset the ECU.

I've had all of my lights: cruise, Si Drive, traction control, and CEL all come on at once when I was swapping fuel pumps, a battery disconnect will clear it all.

I went to Autozone and they said they couldn't read anything if

the engine light wasn't on.

So I figured I shouldn't waste my time driving 90 minutes away to the

dealership to have them say the same thing. Should I wait until the light

comes on? The cruise won't flash anymore so it's something that

comes and goes but I'm out of options here :confused:

They were wrong. There should still be a pending code that could be read.

Another option is to find someone local with a VAG-COM cable / laptop and ask them to check it for you with Learning View.

Thanks, that's what I figured. Most of the people there don't know what they're talking about :eek:

I'm bringing it in next week for a full tune up and for that to be tested.

hopefully it isn't major

• 2 weeks later...

So I took it to the dealer for a tune up and to fix the light and

they brought it to a subaru dealer, who then took it for a drive and the turbo blew. They're fixing it now but they told me they "didn't have time to do the plugs" which I found out are original? :eek: They want $200 to do them now

• 6 months later...

Archived