LegacyGT.com

GI/TX LGT/Spec B rear lateral links for camber and toe. Sway bar endlinks!!!

Buru

Original Post

I am trying to get a feel for if anyone would be interested in me designing rear lower control arms (camber lateral link), rear toe bar control arm (toe lateral link), and swaybar endlinks. That all go together and look simular?

(1st priority) Rear Lower Camber Lateral Links:

- I want the original cost of a set to be ~$200 shipped to anywhere in the

Continental United States.

- I have some preliminary ideas and yall feel free to add more.

Most likely polyurethane bushings at the ends to decrease NVH. They will be greasable.

Design 1 CNCed AL

Design 2 Cromoly tubing that is coated for corrosion (there are many good reasons to use Cromoly, such as it does not fracture like Al if over stressed, it bends!!! Also the treads on Al will tend to Gaul (sp?) with a lot of adjustment and Cromoly will not)

(2nd priority) Rear Lower Toe Lateral Links:

- I want the original cost of a set to be $200 shipped to anywhere in the

Most likely polyurethane bushings at the ends to decrease NVH. They will be greasable.

Design 1 CNCed AL

Design 2 Cromoly bent tubing that is coated for corrosion (there are many good reasons to use Cromoly, such as it does not fracture like Al if over stressed, it bends!!! Also the treads on Al will tend to Gaul (sp?) with a lot of adjustment and Cromoly will not)

(3rd priority) Sway bar endlinks F/R:

- I want the original cost of a set for the Front to be $100 shipped and

$100 shipped for the rear, or a set of F/R for $175 shipped inside the

- Please let me know what aspects are important to you.

(4th priority) Custom adjustable straight rear swaybar!!!

Long story but this design will let you dial in your rear sway based on the front that you choose

(5th priority) Chasis Bracing like you have never seen before!!!

(6th priority) Custom Subframe with custom F/R lower control arms LOOKOUT STI's here we come!!!

I know this might sound like a little bit of a stretch but i believe that the team i am working with can help develope a sweet setup that is more performance driven than the factory setup.

I am going to give a quick explanation of why someone would want a rear lower subframe.

- When lowering the car it messes up the toe and camber curves (the Subaru original engineers did not design the rear suspension to be lowered)

- So consumer can finetune there toe and camber curves depending on how much they lowered there car.

- Will help prevent lift at maximum traction in the rear

- This will lower the roll center of the car (help reduce body roll!!!)

- Hopefully reduce about 5-10lbs (Realise this is sprung so it is not criticial, just a detail.)

- Stiffen up the lower rear suspension (ie. no need for Cusco bracing)

- Changes parts of the overall geometery of the suspension to better perform for a lowered vehicle.

- Look Sweeeett!!!

- There are probably some other benifits that we find

(7th Priority) Rear STi bolt pattern hub.

There has been some interest in this peice. Well guys it has made our list of possible projects. This part would change the rear boltpatern on the LGT from 5x100 to 5x114.3

- This would allow the use of a greater veriety of Wheels

- This would allow the use of more BBK (Big Brake Kits)

- Possible rear bearing improvements for Daily Driving and the Track

- Having a wider bolt patern will make the wheel lateraly stiffer (slightly)

The reason i do not expound on it more now is that it might change (we have not made or designed it yet!!!)

All of the products i want to design and sell will under go Detailed Stress Analysis FEA!!! Therefore these products will be design for the worst weather conditions and the hardest track conditions!!!

PLEASE Give me FEEDBACK!!!

The more support i get the quicker they get made. I am shooting for the rear camber lateral links to be ready to sell in a couple months. If i feel this is worth presueing then i will become a vendor on the forum. Also if yall have anyother little think you want designed, let me know and i will look into it.

UPDATE!!!

We completely understand this. All we are looking to sell is 25 unless more people chime in :) We are going to do it aslong as we get 8 people willing to commit and preorder once we have detailed drawings and detailed product information for the rear lower toe and camber arms (only sold as a pair read previous post for explanation #29). This is the list of people that i have currently as interested, I will take the "?" off if you confirm that you are willing to preorder. If you are just interested i will leave your name with a question mark. We should have some solid drawings up by the end of the week. A lot of questions will be answered by the solid works models. This will work much like a group buy and it will get moved to that thread once we start producing or collecting money.

Rear Lower Toe and Camber Arms (This is a Commited list)

Target Price $400

1. Buru (me)

2. Whitetiger

3. Littlebluegt

4. Subietonic

5. Kensukikatayo

6. Drew888

7. Camber

8. BrownBoy

9. 2sexz32

10. Jim_KT

11. wcbjr

12. simontempler

13. gk1

14. pansontw?

15. arkadyzv?

16. ProjectS15?

17. ???

Rear Lower Subframe (This is just an interested list)

Target Price ???

1. Buru (me)

2. Whitetiger

3. Leggnut

4. Camber

5. Drew888

6. Subietonic

7. Underdog

8. simontempler

9. ???

Front Lower Subframe and Lower Control Arm (This is just an interested list)

Target Price ???

1. Buru (me)

2. Whitetiger

3. Leggnut

4. Camber

5. Drew888

6. Subietonic

7. Underdog

8. simontempler

9. ???

Subframe bracing (This is just an interested list)

1. Buru (me)

2. ProjectS15

3. Whitetiger

4. Camber

5. Underdog

6. BrownBoy

7. simontempler

8. ???

Front and Rear bolt pattern swap from 5x100 (LGT) to 5x114.3 (STI) (This is just an interested list)

1. Buru (me)

2. Camber

3. Whitetiger

4. Discowagon

5. simontempler

6. ???

Adjustable Rear Swaybar (This is just an interested list)

Target Price ???

1. Buru (me)

2. Camber

3. simontempler

4. ???

Adjustable Swaybar Endlinks (This is just an interested list)

Target Price $100/pr $200 for f/r swaybar endlinks

1. Buru (me)

2. unclemat

3. Camber

4. simontempler

5. ???

Basically the more interest we get in certain fields helps us determine our order of development.;)

Keep the Questions Coming!!!

:eek::spin::cool:

UPDATE 11/18/2008

As you can see the Solid Works Models are up for your comment. To give you a frame of referance these are the bars for the driveside rear. The left side of the drawing is the wheel side and the right is where it connects to the current subframe. It will have a dense polyurethane bushing with a brass insert to decrease noise and squeeking. It is adjusted via the turn buckle in the middle, and locked down with the lock nuts. The toe are is narrowed at one end to fit into the subframe. Things not shown in drawings are the grease zerts (these allow you to grease them after they are installed) and the weather boot that will go over the threaded sections to help durring tough winter months. Yes they will be cromoly, not sure on material composition because the FEA (Finite Element Analysis) has not been completed. We are looking into having them poweder coated red as well. As i have said i will keep you as up to date as i can. :cool:

Oh and get excited!!!:eek: hehe

M

439342737_driversiderearcamberarm.JPG.b6a2a376d209b1029288a56c6fca66ac.JPG

1122699464_driversidereartoearm.jpg.893faf39785f551f811ac84dc2d0d9c9.jpg

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive actually made a set of rear camber arms myself. Teflon raced ball joints are not ideal for a Daily driver. its best to have at least alittle bit of rubber in the arm to help decrease some NVH. Also, its nice if the bearing ends were greaseable with grease fittings.

Im all for adjustable rear toe arms that go beyond the eccentric bolt crap for adjustment.

I like the idea about the grease zerts I will look into doing a sealed joint I am calling a US manufacturer today.

What kinda finish are people looking for?

I could make them all ready to paint/powder coat, or i could pick a color.

I like bright red hehe (avatar)

All of the parts are stainless steel or Aluminum so corosion will not be a problem.

(1st priority) Rear Lower Camber Lateral Links:

- I want the original cost of a set to be $150 shipped to anywhere in the

- I have some preliminary ideas and yall feel free to add more.

ex. sealed stainless steel spherical heim joints with teflon races with

aluminum center section (much like the perrin design) except perrin's are

not sealed.

I'd definitely be interested in the above if I don't find a set of adjustable rear lateral links. As for finish, black, bare or cusco blue works for me. :)

I like cusco blue Hehe

I am planing on running that stuff all over my car if i do not just make my own. I mean the cusco stuff is nice, but it is really simple if you ask me, NO moving parts Hehe

I don't need #1 and #2 or else I would be in for those.

I do really want/need #3 to adjust my rear toe better. I don't care what they look like just as long as they work good and can take the winters.

I do want SOME RUBBER in them for NVH issues.

So if #3 gets made I will buy it, the only way I won't is if someone else makes it first. I would even be willing to pay more then your suggested price (I don't want to, but just showing I am serious).

Thanks.

Well guys keep giving me ideas

I am going to talk to a parts supplier tomorrow probably

I have some neat option that i am thinking about.

Like what about a kit that had interchangeable conections aka you could run the heim joints or the bushing joints. I would have to see about the costs but i have been doing some reading and i have heard of people doing a heim joint at the wheel and a bushing joint at the car suspension mounting point.

Please pass the word if you know anyone interested.

I have been doing some serious research and think that the connection points will be hard urethane bushings from a well known manufacture like whiteline, energy ...

That way it will keep NHV out and much less chance of cluncing.

Thoughts?

Hey guys we are taking measurements this weekend so we are moving fast ahead!!!

We are going to develope a 4 laterlink set so that we know that they all work together and we do not have part interferiance.

We are looking at a hardened polyurethane bushing that is greaseable.

- One option is to have them CNCed Aluminuim

- Second option to have them made out of cromoly tubing

Thoughts besides my terrible spelling?

WE will have a much better price inmind when we get quotes back from manufacturing.

We have not decided that quite yet. We are going to determine that during FEA. Don't worry it will be the good stuff. I mean i am putting this on my car first!

Read the first Post shows more of the companies plan.

Well guys we are taking rough estimate measurements this weekend to get a better idea on the pricing. I will have a rough solid works model screen shots of the parts by the end of next week if everything goes smoothly. One major thing to realize is that these are engineered products that have been designed to maximize strength while minimize weight. Basically i am saying that these are not just off the shelf products that my team and i put together. Please give me input and let me know that you are interested.

Thanks,

M

Archived