LegacyGT.com

Lost only key HELP!!!

They can look up the key code from the VIN. You just have to prove that you are who you say you are.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I just called the local dealer today regarding this very issue. My mom has purchased a '08 wagon which came with one key. The additional key will cost $150- $200 due to the fact that it contains the control fob and a security chip. The engine will not operate if a unchipped key is used. What a pain. Blank keys are available on E-Bay and you may get lucky with the '06.

Earl

Just an update regarding the key. I found a blank on E-Bay, the FCC code on the back of the keys has to match, and the dealer will cut it to match the existing key for $15. Also found out I can programe it myself, the key code is inside the key on the electronic chip, a eight digit number. All in all a cost of around $75 as opposed to $200. Still a pain.

Sorry to hijack this thread.

Earl

Well I bought a key from the dealer $50, got the key cut with the ignition code the dealer gave me for $25, and then another $90 for the dealer to program it, luckily USAA has free towing in situations like this so didnt have to pay for that. No key fob, cheapest i found was $150, ouch.

Well I bought a key from the dealer $50, got the key cut with the ignition code the dealer gave me for $25, and then another $90 for the dealer to program it, luckily USAA has free towing in situations like this so didnt have to pay for that. No key fob, cheapest i found was $150, ouch.

Hey, good to hear you will be back on the road. Check into programming the fob yourself if you want to save a bit.

Earl

damn immobilizer. feel your pain, just went through the same process a month ago. make sure the stealership gives your your immobilizer code and you write it down, the tech made it a point that just the process of them looking it up costs additional $$

think I paid like $60 for the key cut to my vin, then another $40 or so to enter the new code into the ecu

Archived