LegacyGT.com

Driver Seat Heat - Very Hot

malvic

Does anyone here have this issue: Seat heat setting is set to the lowest level. However the left side of the seat gets very hot, to the point I've got to lift my left leg and turn off the heat.

If I leave it on, it eventually cycles down, but then it becomes really hot again when the cycle start again.

I guess "very hot" is subjective.... I mean, yeah, it get's toasty, but not uncomfortable.... Are you sensitive to temperature change?

Well, for the past 4 winters, it's been fine and nice. This year, WOW, that's hot. Like I said, the left side of the seat very hot, right nice.

And no, not sensitive to temp changes. But thanks for asking. ;-)

My driver seat is like this, but the passenger seat heat is mild. I think you probably have a seat electrical issue. Search for a thread on seat heaters where the wire is apparently burned through and melting the foam of the seat cushion.

I solve it by simply never using the driver seat heater since I'm always hot anyway.

My driver seat is like this, but the passenger seat heat is mild. I think you probably have a seat electrical issue. Search for a thread on seat heaters where the wire is apparently burned through and melting the foam of the seat cushion.

I solve it by simply never using the driver seat heater since I'm always hot anyway.

The back is heated... And I am sure you can turn off the seat heater by disconnecting it :)

If yours isn't working.. I may be parting out seat heater elements from my car.. PM me.

Oh.. and to add, my cloth seat got really really hot fast compared to the leather.. I'm sure this has all to do with the material. The only thing I can say about your left side being hotter, I'd bet your element shifted and is wrinkled up on your left side.. hence it gets really hot. When I took apart my extra seat I noticed the seat was also wrinkled and shifted a bit.

Archived