LegacyGT.com

2012 WRX mufflers on 4th Gen

BarManBean

• Moderators

I'm exploring axle-back options and stumbled across a set of mufflers from a WRX sedan. Shape is similar and hangers are in similar location but appear to be at different heights. Almost impossible to tell how the flanges would line up.

Am I asking for a world of hurt to try and fit something like this?

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Moderators
I gotta ask as I've seen multiple references to your quest for mufflers--what is the goal? Did your stockers get wrecked or looking for something louder?

Looking for something with more "rumble" but no drone--which is leading me to axleback options--which is leading me to trying to avoid spending $300-500 on mufflers since I don't car much what brand I end up putting on.

I can pick up a set of nameless performance muffler-deletes for ~$350 or so shipped, but if I can mess around with a stock (or similar) set of mufflers, do my own deletes and get to practice tooling around with a welder for relatively cheap, I may go that route.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Ah, gotcha now. Yeah, I know some folks who have cut open the stockers and more or less, straight piped em (give you that welding practice lol). If you want a set of stockers to mess with...I think I still have mine from my 06 sedan somewhere in my garage (not sure if there was a diff oem with wagons).

Shipping is a PITA but I'd let them go relatively reasonably. If I remember right, one of the tips may be very slightly dented. Would imagine they would probably be about 30-40 to ship. If you want to work something out, shoot me a PM and I can try and get you some pics too.

It didnt sound that raspy in person. The videos were recorded with my iphone. Its sounded pretty good but I was getting a drone when rpms were dropping right around 2000 rpms. It only lasted a couple hundred rpm. I do have a perrin mid and y pipe on my car.

Archived