LegacyGT.com

Heater Control light bulbs... where can I find them?

Hey, long time, no post!

I just had to replace my radio and figured while I'm at it, replace the bulbs that go behind the heater/vent controls. They've been burnt out since I got the car, so now's as good a time as any.

I have them out of the car, so I know how to do the work, but I just need to find the parts.

Does anyone know where to source the bulbs themselves? Aside from raiding a Pull-A-Part wreck, that is.

Or if anyone has a part number that I can search, at least?

Any help is much appreciated.

(It's a 98 GT, by the way, if that needed to be specified)

Wow. I finally get to contribute.

I replaced every bulb in the heater control and most of the lighted switches in our 99 OB with what are often called "grain of wheat" bulbs which I was able to get from my local Radio Shack.

Typical of Radio Shack, what they are called keeps changing, and sometimes they are sold as 14 V bulbs and sometimes as 12 V bulbs.

Radio Shack's current description is:

12 V Microlamps (2-Pack) Model 272-1092.

Current price is $1.99 for the pack of two.

Another source to try is Mouser Electronics. I have to replace several bulbs on the heater control as well as; and when I went to RS, they didn't have it in their parts drawers. So I'm getting ready to try Mouser.....

here is URL

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Chicago-Miniature/7219/?qs=9GEuPTpyLriOqU65ySwVQ1BBcybxuIQc

cheers

Archived