LegacyGT.com

Stage 2 Blog

Thought I would post a link to my blog, this chronicles my path from a Stock 2008 Legacy GT to Stage 1 and Stage 2. I looked all over the web for something like this when I bought my car and couldn’t find it so I thought I would create one. Hope it helps people looking to do similar upgrades.

http://legacygtstage2.blogspot.com/2012/01/infamous-etune-day-2.html#!/2012/01/infamous-etune-day-2.html

Infamous eTune day 2

Just more proof for me that the ECU really does need to be shut down a few times and some miles driven to fully learn the new maps. The Infamous base map feels even stronger after a few days, I am now getting much closer to that "afterburner" effect where the car really pushes you to the back of your seat. At this point I would say there is a significant difference between my Cobb Stage 2 map and this eTune map. The eTune feels much smoother and powerful. Again I am really looking forward to some map revisions to get this really dialed in. 7117019193571950384-7288550540124726564?l=legacygtstage2.blogspot.com

^the info after the link

You should load up LV to keep an eye on things.

• Mega Users

Ecu definitely takes a little to learn the new maps. When I first load new maps, and switch to neutral at stop lights, the car has a large drop in rpms to

the point where it feels like it's going to stall. after a few days it goes away.

There is a very big difference in. The way the motor runs from the first revision to the second

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

OP, FWIW, you may want to make sure your MAF and IAT are clean before you start the process.

How old is your air filter ?

Air filter is a brand new AVO, I will check on the MAP and IAT, thanks for the advice. I just loaded my 1st revision from Infamous, I am very impressed.

I'd like to see how this progresses and how much abuse the tranny can take

I have a Transmission cooler installed and plan on doing the VB Mod when it comes out for the 2008+ LGT. On average the 5EAT seems to handle Stage 2 power if treated right.

5eat shouldn't have a problem holding the power as long as you dont do stupid stuff. I just started running a BNR 18g on mine, and it has been doing ok. Ill eventually move to the Heaxmods VB thing to help the tranny out.

FWIW the 5EAT can hold a 20g power as long as you don't hold WOT as it shfits. I know, it kinda defeats the auto purpose but atleast you'll get to feel the g-forces before you have to let off :lol: However if you had a twin scroll 16G you would likely burn out your clutches. Line pressure is highest at high rpms- so if your power is up there, you'll much less likely to slip

the hexmods vb mod is only available for 05-06 at this time, 08+ is coming soon

well, so far so good with an hta68 so far according to doccrowley. he's been autocrossing and tracking his car nonstop with stock 5eat and hexmods. he says still feels fresh. Frkkevin is running a 500whp garrett 40r with hexmods vb and ipt rebuilt tranny....whether or not ipt uses beefie clutches is unknown however its less than likely considering they charge $650 for a 2c resistor and spring vb mod.

Ya. Cobb ots stage 2 is crap compared to an infamous stage 2 tune. Night and day difference. I guess the only comparison i could give is when i was ots i was dead even with a vf39 wrx. And with the protune it was ugly lol. And it was on the track of course.

i like the V1 mounting, do u have an EDU on how u did that?

Installing the remote display for the V1 was really easy, just pull out the vent/clock holder, unclip the clock and you can see the clock is secured with a few screws. Once you take the clock out you can see that the remote display will fit perfectly in place of the clock with one exception. It is too deep, so you have to dremel out the back of the casing that holds the clock. This is 100% invisible once it is reinstalled and you can revert back to the clock with no problem.

It's hard to explain but once you pull the clock you will see, it's a cake 10 min mod.

Archived