LegacyGT.com

Scratchy Tweeter Issue

ar4620

I had a friend install Alpine Type-X Pro Components in my front doors and a Cadence 175 2-Channel amp in the trunk. The system sounds superb except on certain parts of certain songs. It almost is as if certain frequencies or low quality songs will make only my right tweeter sound scratchy or staticky to the point where I have to skip that track.

I took the door off and made sure everything was sitting correctly, but no fix. When I change the balance to set all the sound to the left, the left tweeter will make the same scratchy/staticky sound. Any help? :confused:

Is it always the same section of the same songs, or is it random? Radio/CD/AUX?

Sounds like a loose connection. My guess would be at the crossover. If it's while using the aux input, a loose connection there could also cause that sound.

MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

Is it always the same section of the same songs, or is it random? Radio/CD/AUX?

Sounds like a loose connection. My guess would be at the crossover. If it's while using the aux input, a loose connection there could also cause that sound.

Always the same section of the same songs. Some songs song perfectly fine. I've noticed it gets worse with lower quality songs though. I always use aux so I'll have to test out some cd's then.

Archived