LegacyGT.com

200,000 in my '06 spec. B

I hit 200,000 in my 2006 spec. B. As far as I can tell from the registry, I believe I have the highest mileage one in the U.S. I'm pretty pumped about that.

Those miles have come on scenic highways, track days, probably a dozen states and a smile pretty much through most of them.

-Clif

http://homepage.mac.com/maclif/200k2.jpghttp://homepage.mac.com/maclif/200k1.jpg

(I actually hit 200,000 about two weeks ago. I spend a lot more time behind the wheel and my garage than on the internet. Now I'm north of 202,500.)

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What oil are you using?

You are supposed to change that?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Sorry - out driving...

It's been stage 2 basically since rolling off the showroom floor. Tuned by Keith at AWDTuning.com.

Struts are stock. Swaybars and springs are Cobb.

Brakes have vented cooling added. I used to overheat the OEM ones on the track. I'm running ATE Super Blue, SS lines, Hawk HPS and HP+ pads

I've added the Aux input board and have an iPhone mount setup in one of the interior vents.

4-point Schroth belts for the front two seats for track days or fun days. I've had days where I'll be spending north of 200 miles on scenic or similar state highways in hilly areas. Strapping in helps. :)

Retrofitted the trunk to haul things without getting tossed around.

Damage along the way:

Driver side completely repainted and replaced rear door after a neighbor backed into it a couple years ago.

Passenger side completely repainted and replaced front door after a semi drifted into me and gave me a car-length long scrape.

Fifth gear broke in half about 10 months after a freak incident where I jumped if off a road onto an unfinished road 12" lower. I had the transmission looked at and replaced all the seals as well as the shaft with second gear. Otherwise, it looked good. (There's a long story involved there)

I had the turbo replaced under the 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty around 95,000. It wasn't leaking oil badly, but I pushed to get it replaced and make my warranty worth it.

Replaced front 02 sensor about six months ago.

Replaced passenger rear wheel bearing a few months back.

I vigorously maintain the car.

Hawk HP+ pads - lasted 120,000 miles

ACT HDSS clutch and lightened flywheel - lasted 145,000 miles

Tires, swap out ever year if I'm lucky.

5W-30 dino oil, changed every 7,500 miles.

I don't track the car much any more. I race a 87 300ZX turbo in Chump. After doing that, being in a street car on a track isn't quite as fun. My goal is to put enough miles on my car to find a way to value it at $500 and then build a race car out of it. Tentatively, I'm shooting for 500,000 miles. That has a nice ring to it. I should hit that in about six years. :)

-Clif

5W-30 dino oil, changed every 7,500 miles.

That is amazing. My 05 has been on dino oil all it's life. I'm replacing the short block because it uses oil, but that's from abuse years ago. It had 153,900 miles, on engine noises.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived