LegacyGT.com

Test drove a 2007 Legacy GT wagon; I have a few questions

Hi everyone, I previously owned a bugeye WRX for about four years and I am looking to buy another Subaru. Specifically, I’m looking for a 07 and up Legacy GT. I recently test drove a 07 wagon with the 5eat. My main question is about the Si-Drive system. Does setting it to intelligent mode limit horsepower significantly? The engine seemed to pull strong in sport mode, but I did a 2nd gear pull in intelligent mode (forgot to switch it back to sport) and it felt gutless, almost like the turbo wasn’t spooling at all. I just want to make sure the lack of power had to with the Si-Drive system being set to intelligent mode and not this specific car having a huge boost leak or something. I also have a few questions about the wagon now that I’m leaning towards this configuration.

Was the GT wagon discontinued starting for the 2008 model year?

Is the wagon’s wheelbase the same as the sedan?

I also remember that a few years ago people were talking about a high engine failure rate (rod knock) in 2009 model year WRXs. Should the 09 LGTs be avoided for this reason as well?

Thanks for any advice; hopefully I’ll soon be a Subaru owner again!

SI drive controls throttle mapping (throttle by wire). Intelligent makes the throttle response slower and also does not give 100% throttle which is why it felt slow. "S" mode is supposedly the most linear to actual pedel movement. "S#" basically shifts the map left so you get full throttle before you actually reach full throttle with the pedal; this gives the illusion of more power.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived