LegacyGT.com

Idle question ...

Not too long ago I had a fuel injector replaced on my car due to a P303 cylinder misfire code. I was just curious, if at idle, if it is normal for the car to shake a bit (idle a bit rough at times). It was really bad when the fuel injector went tits up. So I have no idea if what I am feeling now is considered "Normal" :). I am running AP Stage 1.

Thanks.

Deer Killer - The shake is a characteristic of the Subaru boxer engines.
Correction, the shake is a characteristic of the subaru boxer engine when there is a misfire/bad mixture in a cylinder. My old carburated honda used to also get that shake, not the boxer shake, but a tranverse inline-4 one. Readjusting the idle mixture fixed it. We don't have an idle mixture needle. :(

Legacy05 - Does the shake go away if you hold the gas at 2000RPM? If so then it is just a mechanical harmonic effect happening at that lower RPM and nothing to worry about.

I will give that a try today when I go home, I don't feel anything off the top of my head. That's with the A/C off .... (I can feel the A/C doing its magic driving around sometimes).

Today is the second time that my car died at a stop light with the AC on with outside temp.s in the 90's :mad:

It idles rough with the AC on, but idles fine with the AC off.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to this problem?

Thanks,

Will

Megan header,Perrin TMIC, TD06-20G,AEM CAI, Lachute DP, Avo BOV, BC Coilovers, Magnaflow catback, Hawk HPS pads, Stoptech lines, Snow WI

Today is the second time that my car died at a stop light with the AC on with outside temp.s in the 90's :mad:

It idles rough with the AC on, but idles fine with the AC off.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to this problem?

Thanks,

Will

I'd take it in ... it will be covered, its in the 110+ here and my car is fine with the A/C on.

I'd take it in ... it will be covered, its in the 110+ here and my car is fine with the A/C on.

I am hesitant to take it in since it is at Stage 2 with Ecutek tune.

I'm afraid the dealer would blame it on my mods and charge me what ever ridiculous fees to fix it...

Megan header,Perrin TMIC, TD06-20G,AEM CAI, Lachute DP, Avo BOV, BC Coilovers, Magnaflow catback, Hawk HPS pads, Stoptech lines, Snow WI

Archived