LegacyGT.com

My Legacy died

I have a 92 Legacy 4WD (non turbo) manual trans, and about 2 weeks ago I was cranking it to get it back on the road, it's been sitting about 2 years. I have cranked it up about every month or so and just took a short drive to keep it running. Anyway the last time it ran at all (about 2 weeks ago) when I cranked it up it started right up but I noticed it was running on 3 cylinders, I let it warm up hoping it would clear, then drove about 2 tenths of mile, still 3 cylinders, pulled back home, parked it in driveway and tried to start it again about 5 mins later and it is completely dead, no ignition at all, just normal turn over (no free-wheeling) like a broke timing belt just normal starter speed. Pulled plugs=no spark, bought Coil pack, still dead, not even attempting to fire. It does have 311267K miles but I've heard of the EJ22E's going much longer. Anyone who might have a suggestion or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I love my Legacy and want to get it running again!

Thanks,

Brandon

Start with the ignition. Does your coilpack have 12v power with the ignition on, you can unplug it and one wire should be hot. I would get a haynes repair manual, it shows how to troubleshoot the ignition system and anything else you come across

Archived