Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fifth Generation Legacy (2010 - 2014 ) (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   GI: Brake upgrades for '10+ LGT (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174423)

itsme 11-18-2011 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GravityGear (Post 3637524)
that's fine with me. i will pitch in for the brake line purchase. you need to make a logo so i can cut some vinyl :p.

Thanks dude. I pay for my own R&D and I will try to order the stock lines today. I have a logo. I have a logo I just need to start including them with my products.

DeltaSniper 11-19-2011 01:02 PM

I will probably get some brake upgrades once I upgrade to an LGT in 2 years or so...

White Knight 11-19-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsme (Post 3635758)
I'm on it. I even asked about the rear STi brakes drilled to 5x100mm. I'm waiting for a reply now.

Talk to kns brakes they got me the rears for my brembos.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dr. pepper 11-20-2011 03:06 PM

VERY interested in a SS F/R brake line setup for the 10+ LGT, I had the Goodridge kit on my '06 LGT and it was one of my favorite modifications in terms of improving everyday driving feedback and beefing up the stock components that made the car so feel mushy and soft.

itsme 12-07-2011 12:37 AM

Just any update. I'm getting a full upgrade for my car.(rotors,lines, and pads) I want to make sure of the quality before I start taking orders from anyone.

Waaazooo 12-07-2011 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minuccims (Post 3635719)
Itsme -
Appreciate your continued efforts for p this platform. As before, interested in rear SS lines. Have Brembos, and the little oddity with the rear rotors is the 5th gen has the 190mm bigger drum than the 170mm 4th gen/WRX with 5x100 pattern. The only rear rotors available, that I can find are 08+ STI rears. Need to bring them to machine shop to drill 5x100.




I pm'd grimmspeed a few weeks back. The 4th gen brace is close but requires some modification. I did not follow thru on the extent of the mod for DYI.

Not to derail this thread. I think itsme is doing a great thing here. But Greg, Brembo makes rotors for those brakes in 5x100. I would start with fred beans or itsme, if he can get the part number. Also, what makes the brake lines from the 08+ wrx different than that of the 5gen legacy, I thought they were supposed to share the same lines. Just asking

Rutchard 12-07-2011 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waaazooo (Post 3660353)
Also, what makes the brake lines from the 08+ wrx different than that of the 5gen legacy, I thought they were supposed to share the same lines. Just asking

The 5th gen Legacy rear lines are about 2" longer than the 08+ WRX lines

itsme 12-07-2011 10:58 PM

Thanks. I should have mine by the end of the month. I will post picture and let you guys check it out before I buy lines from the dealer and send them off to be made. These will be made by a north America company and for the people that get snow the stainless line will be covered by a sleeve. I will keep you guys up to date. Bryan

GravityGear 12-08-2011 06:36 PM

would the company you are getting these made by happen to start with a "T"?

minuccims 12-08-2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waaazooo (Post 3660353)
Not to derail this thread. I think itsme is doing a great thing here. But Greg, Brembo makes rotors for those brakes in 5x100. I would start with fred beans or itsme, if he can get the part number. Also, what makes the brake lines from the 08+ wrx different than that of the 5gen legacy, I thought they were supposed to share the same lines. Just asking

Waz, thanks for the pointer to Brembo rotors. All of the 5x100s rears I've come across won't fit the 5th gen.

itsme 12-14-2011 07:39 AM

I just became a full-line dealer for most Subaru performance parts. So, I can get just about any performance parts for Subaru (Cobb, DBA, up ,dp, etc...). This will not stop my work on coming out with new products to fill the needs for the community. I will offer all products at MAP (Minimum Advertised Price set by Manufacture) and skip MSRP. I will also try to offer a free shipping option and total purchase discounts. January will be the push to expand where I can start to offer full packages now.

I'm starting with a GB on the new DW 65c fuel pump. Again I like to thank the community for all your support over the years and I will alway try to get everybody the best prices possible. 2012 looks to be a great year. Bryan

Rogue77 12-14-2011 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsme (Post 3668195)
I just became a full-line dealer for most Subaru performance parts. So, I can get just about any performance parts for Subaru (Cobb, DBA, up ,dp, etc...). This will not stop my work on coming out with new products to fill the needs for the community. I will offer all products at MAP (Minimum Advertised Price set by Manufacture) and skip MSRP. I will also try to offer a free shipping option and total purchase discounts. January will be the push to expand where I can start to offer full packages now.

I'm starting with a GB on the new DW 65c fuel pump. Again I like to thank the community for all your support over the years and I will alway try to get everybody the best prices possible. 2012 looks to be a great year. Bryan

Congrats man! Good luck in your business growth!

GravityGear 12-14-2011 12:28 PM

hell yes!

itsme 01-07-2012 07:40 PM

Just to update. The brake line guy has been kind of flaky. I have been e-mailing him but so far no reply. I may not be able to get the rear brake lines for you guys. But, now I'm a full line dealer I can get you just about everything out their on the market and a hopefully a better price. Bryan

minuccims 01-07-2012 10:05 PM

thanks for the update


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:53 PM.



vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.3 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
LegacyGT.com