LegacyGT.com

Intake Snorkel with Grimmspeed Radiator Shroud

Carlton603

I recently purchased a Grimmspeed radiator shroud for my 06 lgt. I understand the OEM intake snorkel must be removed in order to install the shroud, curious if anyone has modified the snorkel so it will fit with the shroud installed?

I searched and was unable to find anything related to modification of the snorkel, hoping for some feedback. I am hesitant to remove the snorkel because I have read the OEM intake is very efficient and don't want to impede air flow.

Thanks.

People who wants to keep the snorkel usually buy rad shroud thats fits underneath instead of hacking the snorkel.

Yeah that makes perfect sense, unfortunately I didn't consider fitment of the snorkel when I purchased. Hence the question, has anyone modified the snorkel to work with the Grimspeed shroud.

I've actually done this, will post pics next time I see my car.

I had a friend at work cut the entire "tray" portion of the thing off. Doing that it's possible to cram the snorkle in there, but the fit isnt exactly clean. Had to do this as my car was eating radiator hoses and the grimspeed shroud actually allows you to move the radiator forward for more room.

I've actually done this, will post pics next time I see my car.

I had a friend at work cut the entire "tray" portion of the thing off. Doing that it's possible to cram the snorkle in there, but the fit isnt exactly clean. Had to do this as my car was eating radiator hoses and the grimspeed shroud actually allows you to move the radiator forward for more room.

I spent a couple hours over the weekend doing the same thing, turned out okay. I cut out the bottom of the snorkel so it would drop in over the tool tray on the shroud.

Engine.jpg.41e877844073610efaca49437af02c92.jpg

• 7 months later...

Archived