LegacyGT.com

OBXT Throwing Code P2021--any ideas?

*MODS: IF THIS IS THE WRONG FORUM FOR THIS THREAD, PLEASE MOVE.

The CEL came on recently on my 2005 Subaru Outback XT, and it's throwing the following code:

P2021 Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor/Switch Circuit Low (Bank 2)

Given the limited search results on forums and on the internet, it seems to be rather rare for Subarus. After more digging, I'm starting to wonder if it might be related to the TGV sensor (faulty?). The car seems to be running as normal, so I don't think the TGV is stuck open or closed.

Any ideas on what the problem/cause likely is? Potential solutions?

I had the similar P2016.

It was intermittent, after reset it sometimes came back straight away other times it lasted a few weeks. Again car was running well.

In the end I got fed up with the cruise never working due to the cel and got a cheapo TGV delete (butterflies removed but motors and sensors left in place), together with deleting the codes with romraider.

Try cleaning the connectors to the sensor and motor and see if that brings you any luck.

Thanks for the input guys.

Been really busy at work this week, so no time to mess with it. Ended up having my buddies at Moore Performance check it out, and it's indeed a faulty TGV sensor, which they're going to just swap out...although I was really tempted to go with a TGV delete :)

Archived