LegacyGT.com

Well, I guess this is goodbye

SomethingWittyAsAUsername

I've posted my wagon up for sale on craigslist because she's finally getting to be too much.

I hit a deer a few weeks ago, It's leaking coolant after replacing the rad, 4th gear keeps popping out, and the clutch is almost gone.

I'm going to miss the old girl, and I wanted to thank you guys for getting her this far.

This won't be my last legacy :)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Less problems costs more monies... Easy to say if you can afford a newer car.

But newer cars have so much less character than older ones. They're all just too similar and all crap.

I Second That Notion!!

Agreed. I could buy myself a newer bug eye or so, but it would be more money off the bat and have the same potential for problems.

It still won't stop me eventually, but I like living below my means and I won't get something new for the same reason I won't fix the wagon.

My checkbook just says no

But newer cars have so much less character than older ones. They're all just too similar and all crap.

Yea, it is tough having a car that starts every time you turn the key, doesn't need something replaced every weekend, and doesn't require you to own stock in Harbor Freight to keep on the road.

Stupid lack of character.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Hahaha^

What dude?!

I drive my car 1500 mi every 1.5 weeks, starts everytime.

Literally only do routine maintenence and she just treats me good.

And you know come to think of it, anyone who works on 2nd gens HAS to only use harbor freight tools..

Other brand tools don't fit, youre right..

So please tell me how your drive by wire is nice?

I love feeling like im not driving a car.

To each his own.

You don't need to "educate" me, junior. I've had my share of old Subarus (a lifted 98 Forester, a 95 L, a 91 Sport Sedan, and a 400whp 94 Sport Sedan).

There's nothing wrong with drive by wire. If it makes you feel like you aren't driving a car, then the problem is not the DBW.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Bac is lying. There is no way a VF11 can push 400whp. :p

Who said anything about a VF11?

Exactly, your opinions are opinions.

Don't refer to me as junior either, you seem to want to educate everyone else.

Just stating the facts, because the 3 points you made were false.

I can't afford a loan or a lease for a new car either, so back to my shitty, barely running, rot box, 15 y.o. abomination of a station wagon.

Hopefully I can get home from work, probably wont start...

• I Donated
Just stating the facts, because the 3 points you made were false.

Really? Stuff never breaks on your car?

I've had my share of 15+ year old cars. They started every time, except when the starter was going out on my G20. But I constantly had to repair them. That's the nature of older cars.

I mean stuff has broken, not every weekend....

It doesn't have to be black or white. I just don't mind doing the work and like I said, can't afford the 399 a month car payments, but can afford fixing something when it happens.

As for failures, really haven't had any issues within the last 3 months.

I don't mind working on it, cuz I LOVE CARS.

And that's what this is about, right? Doing something for yourself and using forums and such to help and share ideas which lead to > progression.

So when this guy is saying goodbye cuz he is dumping his subi, why should it mean that he wants a new one?

What if he wants an old car?

Im just saying, I understand you gentlemen may have had a lot of the old cars, that doesn't mean that they don't start up everytime, they need back breaking work every weekend and that you need to by harbor freight tools cuz your poor?

Just a very weak logical path IN MY OPINION, which in recent news, is NOT FACT!

Imagine that

• I Donated
Im just saying, I understand you gentlemen may have had a lot of the old cars, that doesn't mean that they don't start up everytime, they need back breaking work every weekend and that you need to by harbor freight tools cuz your poor?

Just a very weak logical path IN MY OPINION, which in recent news, is NOT FACT!

Imagine that

Exaggeration must be a foreign concept to you.

Yea it must be, considering I try my best not to BS people.

I just find it insulting when I simply defend why I like my second gens and im being told im wrong from every which direction.

Let me know what else was incorrect in this statement.

Properly said sludge...my opinion about newer cars is why pay a ridiculous amount (subaru is not kia or hyundai) monthly for one and pay to upkeep and modify at the same time..I'm a dirty ass grunt that works in a dirty ass grunt job..I'm no engineer who comes out of work as clean as I go in, so I would feel silly. Old cars are paid for and its cheaper to replace parts as you go, in the proper order of replacement you should have little to no worries...there is alot of people that have to have new shit all the time to ease they're material complexes.

Archived