LegacyGT.com

K&N for GT fits on a 3.0R

I just thought I would put a 3.0 R thread on here for a change of pace. I put my old K&N from my '05 LGT in the airbox of my 08 3.0 and it fit great. The best part has been the noticeable difference in throttle response, especially in the "I" mode, which used to be pretty sluggish. I actually drive in "I" alot more because of the filter.

I just thought I would throw this out there because there are usually used K&N filters going for $30 in the FS all the time.

So get your post count up and grab one, it's worth the $30!

I just thought I would put a 3.0 R thread on here for a change of pace. I put my old K&N from my '05 LGT in the airbox of my 08 3.0 and it fit great. The best part has been the noticeable difference in throttle response, especially in the "I" mode, which used to be pretty sluggish. I actually drive in "I" alot more because of the filter.

I just thought I would throw this out there because there are usually used K&N filters going for $30 in the FS all the time.

So get your post count up and grab one, it's worth the $30!

yeah tons of parts fits H4 to H6 BL wise :)

Next mission is to find out if the GT catback will fit a 3.0. So far I am thinking yes.

I was curious about this so I just went out and checked. Won't work. The flange where it mounts to the CC is clocked in the wrong direction and the 3.0R pipe is about 3" too short.

I was curious about this so I just went out and checked. Won't work. The flange where it mounts to the CC is clocked in the wrong direction and the 3.0R pipe is about 3" too short.

hmmm so the EZ30R uses the same length mid pipe as the 02-07 WRX

hmmm so the EZ30R uses the same length mid pipe as the 02-07 WRX

Given the price I paid for a new oem mid pipe for my 3.0R ($$$$$), I would believe that it only fits a 3.0R.

How did the mufflers look compared to the 2.5?

Mufflers look like they might fit, but without taking everything apart and test fitting, I can't be sure.

Confirmed...

3.0R Midpipe only fits on the 3.0R (has it's own part number)

Mufflers also only fit on 3.0R (both L&R mufflers have their own part number)

PART # - 44200AG53A

QTY REQ - 1

DESCRIPTION - EXH PIPE ASSY R

PART # - 44380AG08A

QTY REQ - 1

DESCRIPTION - MUFFLER ASSY LH

PART # - 44380AG09A

QTY REQ - 1

DESCRIPTION - MUFFLER ASSY RH

Not my LGT in the avatar. It is the 2007 Subaru Road Racing Legacy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsqmAnDZygM]Subaru Road Racing Team KONI Challenge Homestead - YouTube[/ame]

Archived