LegacyGT.com

2010 GT manual for $24k

tdelker

2010 GT manual Limited, blue with beige leather. 40k on the clock. General good condition. All the fluids look good, everything looks clean.

Dealer won't go below $24k before TTL (although it does include the dealer handling fee).

Nada is at 23k with the moonroof option.

The clutch was really stiff. Seems strange. Chattered a few times (2 or 3 skips) when I first started, but it seems to grab better after that. New clutch in there? Otherwise the car looked good, all the oil changes done at 3k at the dealer.

Opinions?

Tom

Where are you located? Subaru's tend to go for more than book where I live in Oregon. A 5th Gen GT is pretty rare too.

Really stiff clutch pedal could indicate an aftermarket clutch. My ACT clutch had a much stiffer pedal than OEM.

Yes but as stated location dictates price. If you want it cheaper you will need to go further out, but then you need to factor in the added cost of getting it to you.

As far as the stiffer clutch with chatter, all of my VW's had aftermarket clutches that did that. Nothing as far as an oem one. If you do this make 100% sure that you have that clutch checked outside of the dealer BEFORE purchase. Not by someone that they suggest as we all know how that will go. If all is well with the inspection, then welcome to the world of the 5th generation. :)

2010 2.5GT limited is for sale. :)

I think I'm going to pass. The clutch will drive me nuts. Given that I am paying top dollar, I want it to be just right. Color isn't right, front grill has a lot of chrome discoloration, clutch. It's close, but I'll keep looking. I should have grabbed a 2010 that I first saw but I moved too slowly. Now I've been waiting 6 months, and this is the only other 2010 I've seen :) But I'll wait, the right one will come along. I am not willing to go to far (more than an hour). I need to be able to look at it, test drive, and think overnight before moving on it. That's my requirement.

Tom

+1 for getting what you want. but $24k for a 5th gen LGT doesn't seem like "top dollar." Possibly worth noting is that it is a limited not premium. 2012's only came in limited. If you want to test drive a 2012, you could come up to FoCo. =p

You're smart to wait. If you picked this one up, yeah you'd enjoy it but you'll regret your decision as soon as the 'honeymoon' period wears off. Another one will come along and it will be perfect...And you'll be glad you took the time to wait. Good luck!

I think I'm going to pass. The clutch will drive me nuts. Given that I am paying top dollar, I want it to be just right. Color isn't right, front grill has a lot of chrome discoloration, clutch. It's close, but I'll keep looking. I should have grabbed a 2010 that I first saw but I moved too slowly. Now I've been waiting 6 months, and this is the only other 2010 I've seen :) But I'll wait, the right one will come along. I am not willing to go to far (more than an hour). I need to be able to look at it, test drive, and think overnight before moving on it. That's my requirement.

Tom

I agree on your decision to pass. An aftermarket clutch more likely means that it was modified and returned to stock. IMO a lot of put it back to stock to trade it in are rush hack jobs. Bolts are often missing.

+1 for getting what you want. but $24k for a 5th gen LGT doesn't seem like "top dollar." Possibly worth noting is that it is a limited not premium. 2012's only came in limited. If you want to test drive a 2012, you could come up to FoCo. =p

Ah, you're the one selling that one! I keep looking at it and dreaming :)

I agree on your decision to pass. An aftermarket clutch more likely means that it was modified and returned to stock. IMO a lot of put it back to stock to trade it in are rush hack jobs. Bolts are often missing.

Amen. Hence I bought a Legacy GT on a dark, rainy night, 200 miles from home with a broken rear door and a shot HID...a year later I was buying a transmission to put in the damn thing. And the repairs never stop! Ever! Ever, ever, ever! I'm pretty sure that satan owned the car before I did.

Amen. Hence I bought a Legacy GT on a dark, rainy night, 200 miles from home with a broken rear door and a shot HID...a year later I was buying a transmission to put in the damn thing. And the repairs never stop! Ever! Ever, ever, ever! I'm pretty sure that satan owned the car before I did.

Yeah that is my biggest struggle: go higher mileage for better price and risk a neglected LGT that need $3K in parts or pay $20K for a 2009 MY vehicle.

I dont mind paying low and having to replace a wheel bearing or perform a sched maintenance but I would dread a failing turbo which in turn tanks the engine.

BUT

That can happen at any price range.

Man... I bought my 2010 LGT with 67k miles for 19K+ taxes and 3 year extended warranty. Felt it was a good deal even though there were a few dings, and partially repainted side skirts. No internal frame damage and had Q300 and roof wrap installed. Def. keep looking, the quicker you rush the more likely you might miss some stuff. Def. kicking myself not seeing the sideskirt, but only saw the discoloration under a gloomy day :/

Man... I bought my 2010 LGT with 67k miles for 19K+ taxes and 3 year extended warranty. Felt it was a good deal even though there were a few dings, and partially repainted side skirts. No internal frame damage and had Q300 and roof wrap installed. Def. keep looking, the quicker you rush the more likely you might miss some stuff. Def. kicking myself not seeing the sideskirt, but only saw the discoloration under a gloomy day :/

It does sound like a good deal. I wish a LGT with fewer miles had been available when I bought, but I really needed a car. And I was set on one kind of car.

Please be VERY THROUGH. Even have someone who isn't in love with the car inspect it. I bought an 09 LGT from a Nissan Dealer in PA (Colonial Nissan). As much as I loved that car, it was a headache. Previous owner crashed it and took it to some shady dealer or replaced bumper cover but not reinforcement behind it. 300 miles later engine went, then dealer replacing it told me the car had been in an accident and showed me what he found under the car. Months later, found Big ass chunk missing from the reinforcement beam. I had to have the reinforcement beam replaced then found the hood hinges had missing bolts. Long story short, some $$$$ I restored even the decals that were supposed to be under the hood that was also replaced. Ended up trading in for one of the 227 LGT and its been great.

Archived