LegacyGT.com

Amazing what a little paint does

Never thought I was going to paint my calibers.

Seeing the after picture changed my mind, nice job.

I hear ya, I was in the same boat. I think using a bit more of a universal color like that over red or blue really keeps the class. Huge difference. I thought it was worth sharing.

Cool thing about it is that it really does only take about 15 min per rotor, as long as you're mildly careful there isnt much to worry about as far as overspray, no taping off needed. I just let it fly onto the discs, then took it out for a ride after, braking a lot. The pads wear the paint right off.

I hear ya, I was in the same boat. I think using a bit more of a universal color like that over red or blue really keeps the class.

Keeps the class? Painting stock rotors/calipers garish colors is just plain rice.

What you did was show good judgement by doing a complete visual refresh and took used components that looked more worn than they were and made them look new again. Well done.

Yeah, By keeping the class I meant not painting blue or red. That is definitely ricey and the last thing I wanted. This is a great visual upgrade or those not being able to afford $1000 brakes.

I really appreciate the positive feedback, glad you agree.

Looks nice, is that blue/green the same color as you car?

As for not looking ricey, I've painted mine black when they start being rusty :)

No my car is diamond gray metallic. Probably the same as yours like you noted as dark gray. The paint I used is a bit lighter but it still matched pretty well and it brings it out a little more.

Looks like the color I sprayed one of my cars' with a few years back. I like it, it is a bit understated.

I'm not sold on painting the vents on the disk, but I definitely like the hub part.

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/8821/outsiderrim.jpg

Archived