LegacyGT.com

Check Engine Light On and Cruise Control Flashing

So I was driving home from school yesterday, cruisin at about 80 on the highway. All of the sudden my check engine light comes on and the cruise control light begins flashing. Its an 05 with about 150,000 miles on it. I've noticed no difference with the car after the check engine came on, but it has been acting a little weird for the past month or so. I thought my clutch was slipping but dont think that would make my check engine light come on. Probably going to take it by autozone today to get the code read but I was wondering if anyone knows if the cruise control normally flashes when the check engine light comes on, or if yall have any clue as to what might have happened.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
haha alright sorry, when i mash the gas down(more than 1/2 way) it doesn't take off like it used to, it like hesitates and then will lurch forward, but then it'll feel like it doesn't have any power until i shift to the next gear. One of my friends was riding with me one day and he said he thought it was my clutch slippin, he had an A4 for a while so i think he might know what he's talkin about. I wish i could explain it better, but i can't even think of a better way to describe it.

slipping clutches dont throw CEL's

Nah, I know; I'm just sayin that is the only noticeable difference in the car since i've gotten it(besides suspension wearing out a little bit). I'm thinkin it's probably an 02 sensor or something simple like that, but when I took it to Subaru last, they said i had a spun rod bearing and needed to rebuild my engine. I never did that because I personally didn't believe them(they bullshitted me on a couple other things), but maybe they were right. You think the could bring up the MIL?

Get the code read and let us know.

If your still driving the car after they told you you had a spun bearing...I wouldn't go back to them again... for anything.

Any local repair shop can do what the stealership will over charge you for.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

:lol: yes. when bearings are shot they exhibit play, when they play, they shred, when they shred, metal gets shed, when they shed, it ends up in the oil, when it ends up in the oil, it ends up in your turbo, when it ends up in your turbo, it ends up in your wallet. As now you'd need a turbo, shortblock, and potentially a longblock. But let's not get ahead of ourselves, just check the code.

Get the code read and let us know.

If your still driving the car after they told you you had a spun bearing...I wouldn't go back to them again... for anything.

Any local repair shop can do what the stealership will over charge you for.

hahah nicee i've never heard the term "stealership" before but aint it the truth

I'm gonna go ahead and go get this code read, will post it up here later

When was the last time the sparkplugs been changed? I've had the same issue once, until I pulled my plugs and found out they had High Speed Glazing on them. Once I changed them, problem solved.

Just like everyone said, pull the code and start from there.

My wife's balls are delicious.

My Subaru (2005 GT state wagon Auto 80K miles) has same issues. On 70 mph speed on activated cruise control the check engine light comes on and cruise control starts flashing. At that moment engine got throttle for a couple seconds, and completely disable cruise control.

I was attended Subaru dealership to find the problem. They offer to me change water temperature sensor. It is unbelievable, how bad water temperature affect cruise control? (Dashboard temperature meter show correct coolant temperature)

This issue has gone away without any repairs and get back suddenly (my be after hard accelerate or not) Clearing error code enables cruise control but problem can get back again.

My Subaru (2005 GT state wagon Auto 80K miles) has same issues. On 70 mph speed on activated cruise control the check engine light comes on and cruise control starts flashing. At that moment engine got throttle for a couple seconds, and completely disable cruise control.

I was attended Subaru dealership to find the problem. They offer to me change water temperature sensor. It is unbelievable, how bad water temperature affect on cruise control? (Dashboard temperature meter show correct coolant temperature)

This issue has gone away without any repairs and get back suddenly (my be after hard accelerate or not) Clearing error code enables cruise control but problem can get back again.

Archived