LegacyGT.com

How do you tell if you have a spec b

Going to a dealership to look at a subie this weekend and the guy can't tell me if it's a spec b. All the badges were removed and all he knows is he thinks it has a 2.5. It's a 2008. I don't know the difference between the two. Basically i'm looking to see if it's a spec b or just a 2.5GT

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm starting to second guess my car. I am walking outside right now to open the hood. I had new brakes put on yesterday (basically i was to lazy to do it myself and i just got my tax returns so i figured i'd let someone else get dirty) and the mechanic asked me what engine i had in the car. Well the badge says 2.5 on the back. 2.5 GT to be exact so I told him I had the 2.5. He got the brakes and I guess they were wrong so he went back to NAPA and got the correct pair then he told me I had a 3.0 and your website NWSPECB is telling me I have the 3.0...hm.. I have paddle shifters and the tip-tronic shifter on the side, not 6spd.

There is a 3.0 model. Also, the brakes between 2.5i and 2.5gt are different.

Well it's got the paddle shifters, and it says 2.5gt on the back. Well I guess I know what I'm doing with my weekend after looking at the car....i'll be going over every inch of that thing figuring out what all was or wasn't done. ugh.:confused:

Wait, is this your car or one your looking at?

Hah no I am going to look at another, however your cars 101 website is making me second guess the one I bought 2 weeks ago. I work about 60 hours a week so I haven't had much time to really go over it.

My current car "says" 2.5GT on back, but the mechanic told me it's a 3.0 and I was a bit dumbfounded that I wouldn't have noticed that. Now I am not sure what made him suggest that, but it made me wonder if something was switched that I didn't know about from the one previous owner.

SpecB's have a front mount intercooler and a huge 6 pot big brake kit. They also have 20" wheels and an STI style spoiler. The seats are made out of jaguar skin and the 2008 year specB you are looking at is Bi-turbo.
I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

SpecB's have a front mount intercooler and a huge 6 pot big brake kit. They also have 20" wheels and an STI style spoiler. The seats are made out of jaguar skin and the 2008 year specB you are looking at is Bi-turbo.

No, the bi-turbo was 06-07. 08-09 got the tri setup.

Archived