LegacyGT.com

Fender braces for 05 LGT?

With that argument, so is sway bars, strut braces, and aftermarket bushings. Nothing wrong with stiffening up the car to make it handle better. Various subarus came with this bracing from factory. However, it was basically a stamped piece of steel.

I have this brace in my car...

http://www.do-blog.jp/hks-tfh/article/458

http://cs-marche.com/

I went like...

Stock

Low down spring

Coilover

F&R tower bars and F&R under braces and roll center adjuster

Fender braces

I could feel improvement each time I upgraded. But this parts is not too cost effective(about $200)

basically, the guy who works at RHD Japan doesn't speak the best english and can't confirm it'll fit an 05-09 USDM LGT.

FX35B4 what year is your legacy?

My car is 05.

And tell him you want fender braces (SUPER-SUJIGANE-KUN) for JDM BL(P)5 A~C(earlier version) which matches USDM BL(P)9 A~C

Good Luck!

Thanks for the help FX. RHDJapan still can't confirm this part will fit. Also, braces + shipping = $380ish USD...pretty pricey.

Another option is to have a Paranoid Fabrications or a local welder fit create some while I have my fenders off the car. I am emailing with Shane @ PF now, he is willing to create these and set up a group buy for us but unfortunately he is based in San Diego and I am in San Francisco

Do we have any LGTs owners that want to act as a test mule for these in the San Diego area?

Question: Why is this spot the best "next step" place to stiffen?

AFAIK, you should stiffen the areas most prone to flex in a way that reduces that flex. Is this it?

How about fabbing up a brace that goes from firewall to strut tower to radiator and then across the engine bay?

Joe, I'm not super knowledgeable about this stuff, but the the impreza chassis flexed like a noodle in this area, even models with the stock subaru fender brace. The stockers are made of very flimsy metal (you can bend them with one hand) and dont do much at all.

on a LGT with stock suspension, you may not feel much improvement, but with coils/konis etc. they will improve steering feel/response blah blah blah you get the picture.

Archived