LegacyGT.com

5W -20 Synthetic Blend Installed On Recent Oil Change

IMO, have then replace it with the correct oil. It's there fault, they should make it right.

These things are known to be sensitive to the correct oil. You can use 5w-40 but not 5w-20

This is a turbo charged engine, not some NA soccer mom's car...

Get that crap out of there.

Your new here, don't know if the car is new to you ?

Learn how to check the oil and always top it off as needed, NEVER let it get low on oil.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Lot's of these cars use more oil then people think, I had a friend whose engine seized because it ran out of oil. It was a NA Outback, she was doing 5000 mile OCI.

Also don't use Mobil 1 5w-30 it has been shown to break down to a 5w-20 in a short time.

Lot's of us run Shell Rotella t6 5w-40

FWIW, I'm looking at changing to this soon, it's new from Amsoil, which both my cars have now, (5w-40 European oil), this is a new formulation they just came out with. It's also cheaper then what I'm using now.

5w-40 Full SAPS European oil.

You'll have to check out Amsoil's site your self.

My member number pop's up when I try and link it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

You guy's may want to look at the new Amsoil 5w-40 Full SAPS European oil. If you become a member, it's like $30.00 for 5L, $5.70 a qt. There is shipping and stuff, but if you go a bit longer on OCI, it will pay off.

I am on a 5000 OCI with both my cars.

5w20 is gonna grenade that engine for sure dude, I wouldn't even start it. Better get it towed. Flush that shit out. Run an oil system cleaner, at least 2 oil changes, then make sure you put in <xxx> oil because that oil is the bestest!

Also, I heard a rumor that Total synthetic oil meets all teh Euro specs and you don't even have to pay extra for it!

Pffffffffffffffft.

You guy's may want to look at the new Amsoil 5w-40 Full SAPS European oil. If you become a member, it's like $30.00 for 5L, $5.70 a qt. There is shipping and stuff, but if you go a bit longer on OCI, it will pay off.

I was looking at that today at NAPA, I'll have to sign up for membership, b/c it was near double that sticker price, IIRC. Seems like some high quality lube though.

I was also looking at the Moly Blend(???) 5W40 full syn. stuff as well, too good to be true? I've seen some good reviews on it.

Self proclaimed PNW Craiglist find of the day Champion, April 2014.

They've got it at all the Baxter's Auto Parts here in Portland, but yeah, it's not a common oil for sure. That makes sense though, having oil shipped would be pretty annoying.

Yeah, I saw the "Edge" rebranding, it was a 0W-30 and I just made sure it was made in Germany and I bought some!

Of course I'm sure just keeping clean oil in the car would work pretty good too... I sometimes feel like I'm being a little overzealous using this stuff.

I was looking at that today at NAPA, I'll have to sign up for membership, b/c it was near double that sticker price, IIRC. Seems like some high quality lube though.

I was also looking at the Moly Blend(???) 5W40 full syn. stuff as well, too good to be true? I've seen some good reviews on it.

I run the Amsoil 5w40 Euro in my WRX and run 5k intervals per Blackstone labs suggestion. Barely used any oil on my last go around.

Amsoil now has 2 European formulas. One is the cheaper $6/qt, and the other runs about $10 or so. I can't remember what the difference is, but I'm sure an Amsoil dealer can get you that info and awesome prices.

It's cool; I'm with the band

I run the Amsoil 5w40 Euro in my WRX and run 5k intervals per Blackstone labs suggestion. Barely used any oil on my last go around.

Amsoil now has 2 European formulas. One is the cheaper $6/qt, and the other runs about $10 or so. I can't remember what the difference is, but I'm sure an Amsoil dealer can get you that info and awesome prices.

Difference is Mid SAPS and Full SAPS. Seems the Full for less money and is better for our cars. Yea, for once we get the good stuff for less money.

Archived