LegacyGT.com

trying some OEM stereo hacks on 2000 LGT. Need some help.

phantommaggot

Hi,

So my 6 disk crashed a while back and I can't justify spending any more money on this car right now. I'm quite capable with a soldering iron and multimeter so I thought I would hack off my cd changers plug and rewire it into an aux plug. In other words, one end of the cable is the big plug that goes into the head unit and the other end is 3.5mm (headphone plug).

I found THIS thread. Then I made a post there.. thinking someone would have an answer for my question.

I can strip a cable and solder the R/L into the proper wires or re pin the plug, whatever I need to do there. No problem. What I need to know, and what the thread above doesn't address, is how to get the head unit to think there is a cd in the changer when there is no changer.

The thread above says I can burn a blank cd and let it play while the audio comes from the aux plug. While that is a fantastic idea, my cd changer is DEAD. So I need to know what pins in the plug to jump or power to trick the head unit into thinking there is a CD playing.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks

-j

It kind of does.. But not really.

I'm reading and trying to decide if the way that ground is soldered in is how its tripped.. but it seems like it still needs the CD.

It shows adding a 'switch' for aux in for people that dont have a CD changer/player in 2nd gen cars as well.. -_-

I see the pinout map, but it doesnt really define what the pins do..

There are 2 clusters.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p310/anothernord/4388969236_f717992e3b_o.png

A,B,C are obviously the audio signal wires.

That makes the other cluster the control/function section.

I'm thinking G/H maybe.. Bus gnd/bus line being like a little switch that says, HEY! There's a CD here.

ACC would be Accessory ?

POWER GND.. Obviously the main ground... ?

+B, Possibly the main power. ?

Mute, Obvious.. hopefully.. ?

ILL Control has to be the backlight right? With the plus meaning it's the positive and functions with the main ground...

Just guesses.. but a legit answer would be great.

Also, from that, why would I ground the audio cable. I have a 3.5mm to RCA cable I was gonna strip down and use. Doesn't really have a ground...

Well, I failed miserably.

I thought I had it.. but I dropped the cable and all the wires touched something. Shorted my head and now my clock resets every time I cut the car off... -_- and the security is acting different..

New head unit it is. And some components.

Archived