LegacyGT.com

97 LGT with jdm 2.5 p0400 egr code

Hi all, ok so I picked this car up about 8 months ago for a steal. As the PO was not able to make it run proper,

It has a jdm ej25 na but also no egr,

I know of tapping and drilling the head and use the north American intake but that's not an option as I don't have it, its in the car and untilled I do a clutch its staying there lol.

The issue is I'm setting a p0400 egr code, and as its non flashable Ecu and iI can't eliminate the code that way, I was curious if there was a band aid repair for it, the code deals with. Rachanel not a hard part fault. I fixed that one with installing a solinoid. As long as its plugged in no code. But the 400 deals with insaficiant flow. That's moniterd by watching for o2 movement timed with the valve opening.

How do I or even can I get around this?

And any idea if it pulls timing if its set?

Thanks for any insight!

Well, yes, you'll need an intake manifold from a USDM EJ25D. You need the EGR. I don't think you should have to tap and drill the head, but I'm not sure. I don't see why all the heads worldwide wouldn't be the same and the JDM one's just be plugged where the piping needs to go. There is no inexpensive or easy way around this if you want the CE light off and the engine to run properly. So, you'll just have to get the parts you need and wait until you do that clutch.

A word of advice, do things the right way the first time. Especially with these cars.

O I agree, I would just tune it an disabel the code but am not ready to go stand alone just yet.

but not having to deal with noX with emissions I was not concerned with it not being there.

Wont be long now till its time for the clutch so if worst case is I find an intake for it.

After fixing buddy's other issues with the car this one is just the last step.

Was a basket case when I got it.

There are newer engines that run without in the usdm.

Did heads on a 02 2.5 outback sport last week and did not have egr.

But was also sohc

No real issue was just hoping there was a way to fool the Ecu to think it was working, just a hope. Kinda kicking myself for the scrap run I made that included the intake and egr valve. Thanks for the help guys, looks like ill be drilling the head and finding another intake.

If I can't find one local ill get in touch with you Ken. I just remember the cost of shipping and duty on the last part I got from the states for my SBC RX7, part was 25 bucks and at my door turned to 75 after brown had there way lol.

Again thanks

Archived